C2 Crank Recall

Primary Announcement:

At Excalibur, the safety of our customers is our top priority. We would like to inform you that we are issuing a voluntary recall of all C2 Cranks (model number 2199) distributed in commerce in the United States. The affected products were manufactured, imported, distributed, and sold by Excalibur between 2008 and 2021. 

Nature of the Alleged Hazard:

The recall has been initiated due to a potential safety hazard associated with the C2 Crank. The plastic cocking hooks, an integral part of the C2 Crank used as a cocking aid for crossbows, have been reported to break during abnormal use. This breakage can result in the creation of flying plastic projectiles, posing a laceration hazard to consumers. Excalibur has received reports of incidents involving the Subject Products. Click here for the full CPSC document.

C2 Crank Cocking Aid

Subject Products Description

Product Name: C2 Crank
Model Number: 2199
Distribution Period: 2008 to 2021
Quantity Distributed: Approximately 15,021 units

Current Remediation:

Important Note: If you own a C2 crank, please follow the procedure outlined below:

1. Contact Excalibur Crossbow customer service at 888-689-1289 or email [email protected].
  2. Email a photo of your C2 crank, showcasing the crank body and hooks.
  3. Upon identification that your crank is subject to the recall, the following options are available:

Option 1: 

• Email a photo of your C2 crank with the rope cut to confirm its inoperability. 
  • Provide your contact information and shipping address. 
  • Receive the updated CPSC-approved hooks and rope for self-replacement, accompanied by written instructions and a video link demonstrating the replacement procedure. 

Option 2: 

• Provide your contact and shipping information.
  • Receive an email with a return shipping label covering shipping expenses. 
  • Ship your C2 crank to the provided address. 
  • Receive an email notification upon receipt of your crank. 
  • Receive an email notification with a tracking number when the repaired C2 crank is shipped. 

Additional Resources:

Replace Rope and Hooks

Step 1: Cut and remove old crank rope.
Step 2: Feed the new rope through one side of the spool.
Step 3: Feed the rope through the new hooks.
Step 4: Feed the rope through the opposite spool and tie knot.
Step 5: Engage the catch and turn the crank handle to wind the rope onto the spools .

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q. What if I purchased my crossbow and C2 Crank used? 
A. The recall applies to all C2 cranks. 

Q. Can I get my C2 crank replaced with the current model instead of repaired? 
A. No, just the hooks and rope need replacing. 

Q. What is the lead time for repair if I send my C2 Crank in? 
A. The replacement parts will be shipped within 3 days of submission. 

Q. If I decide to send my crank back for repair does Excalibur cover the shipping cost? 
A. Excalibur Crossbow will cover all shipping expenses. 

Q. Does the recall apply to my Charger EXT or Charger Lite crank? 
A. No, the recall only applies to the C2 crank model. 

Contact us:

Excalibur takes this matter seriously and is committed to rectifying the situation promptly. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding in prioritizing safety. Your cooperation is crucial in ensuring the well-being of all our customers. Consumers who need assistance with this should contact Excalibur via email at [email protected] or phone at 888-689-1289 ext. 2201, 2202, 2203.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.