Excalibur Marketing Dude - New Cocker

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

Excalibur Marketing Dude - New Cocker

Postby SEW » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:58 pm

Peter, I've been paying close attention and have noticed every year I get 1 year older. Likely, this is happening to a # of other Excal die hard devotees.
The poundage of many of the newer xbows presents a problem to a # of owners. So, a lot of us use C-2 cockers. It's an excellent device , but I'd prefer a stock mounted option.
Is anything in the works?
Thanks,
SW

PS 70 next month. Can hand cock all 3 xbows (380,400,405) but don't want the stress on my back as I plan to use it for many more years. So, when I spend an afternoon shooting (all my shooting is geared strickly toward hunting), that's a lot of C-2 on and off.
I'm likely not the only one with this concern.
SEW

Re: Excalibur Marketing Dude - New Cocker

Postby newbie » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:03 pm

Im with you on the stock mounted crank.
They will sell a ton more heavy draw bows if this comes out.... It may have swung my recent bow up to the supressor.
I first heard of it a few years ago.... long time coming.

Postby bellerivercrossbowhunter » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:53 pm

I never needed a crank until recently. :(

I always liked the accu-draw concept especially with the sled. Heck even Scorpyd pays 10 Point to use them on there bows.

I'm all in for the C3 as soon as it starts to ship. I not too proud to say I need the extra leverage... :)
Micro Black Widow. BOO string.Vortex XBR. Exodus broad heads. Spynal Tapp arrows....

I live to hunt and hunt to live. I am a meat eater!!!
bellerivercrossbowhunter

Postby DuckHunt » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:07 pm

The models with a skeletonized stock certainly have room in the back of the stock for a mountable crank. If not, just offer an alternate stock with a crank built into it.

Just a thought...

DuckHunt
2015 Micro 335 (Gen 1 w/no issues)
2006 Exomax 350
DuckHunt

Postby Excalibur Marketing Dude » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:02 am

I really have little information I can share at this point of any new cranks we will be releasing in the future. However, when we do release any new products all information will be available on our website and I will make sure everybody here knows the details.

Peter
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Postby SEW » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:35 pm

Peter, I believe that Excalibur would do themselves a great favor by making both a quicker to use C-2 type cocker(removable) as well as a stock mounted cocking device.
No other xbow company needs this as much as Excalibur. What other company even has a 200# Xbow ? What percentage of Excalibur xbows sold have over 200# draw? Answers: about zero and about all. Many other companies have internal cocking devices but NONE need them as much as Excalibur.
Thank you for your response.
SEW

Postby bellerivercrossbowhunter » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:26 pm

The C2 is a great tool just a bit high on the cumbersome scale. :)

Micro Black Widow. BOO string.Vortex XBR. Exodus broad heads. Spynal Tapp arrows....

I live to hunt and hunt to live. I am a meat eater!!!
bellerivercrossbowhunter

Postby tremps01 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:47 pm

I'm 66, and as SEW said,'' The poundage of many of the newer xbows presents a problem to a # of owners . I swapped the original Excalibur stirrup for the Doctorstirrup. stirrup on all my Excalibur crossbows. That's requires less effort when cocking my crossbow and really help to protect my back. Might be advantageous to consumers if Excalibur crossbow come with Drstirrup stirrup.
Just a thought...

Marcel
Black Matrix 380.
Micro 335
Angicrossbower stock.
Boo string force 10.
Drstirrup complete kit.
Marcel
tremps01

Postby SEW » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:00 pm

I feel guilty for not mentioning Dr Stirrup. Yes, I can rope cock my M380 and BD400 w/o much strain due, in large, to the Dr Stirrup stirrup and rope cocker. Both feet, improved geometry, full hand rope handles together make each xbow feel like the next lower poundage xbow. And the M405 is rope cockable enough that I just take a rope cocker (Dr Stirrup of course) hunting but C-2 at the bench.
In summary, the Dr Stirrup kit seems to reduce the cocking effort to the next lower speed bow.
Surely, Gaston hasn't been thinking of a stock mounted cocking device!! :D
SEW

Return to Crossbow Hunting