Vintage Excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

Vintage Excalibur

Postby SEW » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:15 pm

Had a long talk with a good friend today. The talk was about xbows of course. He's one of the most knowledgeable xbow people I know or anyone knows. The discussion went to the newest Scorpyds and the 2 Ravens. Then to his Micros and my 380,400,405. Then to crossbow obsolescence. My 380 & 405 are as ageless as they were 4-5 years ago, and as accurate, and as long range, and as supported, and as warrantied, and as ageless. And will be 5-10 years from now.
There is nothing short of a broken rail, that could shut me down over 15-30 minutes.
As I near retirement (fixed income), I have peace of mind that I can effectively use what I have for the rest of my life, if need be. I doubt that compounds will exceed the accuracy of our Excaliburs anytime soon, or in my lifetime.
We both agreed, that our Excals provide all the shooting enjoyment we'll ever want.
Hope all of you feel the same way.
SEW

Re: Vintage Excalibur

Postby wheelie » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:51 pm

I shoot everything as it keeps me from getting bored. Pellet guns lately. Compound bowfishing at the end of this month. Just bought a 7 foot pole spear for carp. Looking forward to spearing fish this summer. But I did shoot an Excalibur today. Lined up a new to me Tactzone scope on my 212 1/2 lb Custom Excalibur.
wheelie

Return to Crossbow Hunting