Question about Permethrin & Scent blockers

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

Post Reply
User avatar
ihunt
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:30 am
Location: Montreal Canada

Question about Permethrin & Scent blockers

Post by ihunt » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:22 pm

Hey everyone

Gotta a question that's been nagging me for awhile. My question is if we were to treat our clothes with Permethrin can we spray a scent blocker over it? Will it reduce it's affectiveness of the Permethrin? Thanks
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers

User avatar
Boo
Posts: 10860
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: Newtonville, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Question about Permethrin & Scent blockers

Post by Boo » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:41 pm

Scent Blocker prevents the gasification of material. Do some research and see if Permethrin gives off a gas to ward off insects.
No mater what you do, you will never make yourself indetectable to a deer's nose. So while I might be wrong, I think you're wasting your time worrying about it.
If there are no dogs in heaven then I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Correct a fool and he'll hate you, Correct a wise man he'll thank you!
Madness is having a Malinois
Boocustomstrings.com

User avatar
newbie
Posts: 2551
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:02 pm
Location: Brantford Ontario

Re: Question about Permethrin & Scent blockers

Post by newbie » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:55 pm

I'm with Don. I just play the wind bet.... seem to make out ok :wink:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!

User avatar
ihunt
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:30 am
Location: Montreal Canada

Re: Question about Permethrin & Scent blockers

Post by ihunt » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:39 am

Boo wrote:Scent Blocker prevents the gasification of material. Do some research and see if Permethrin gives off a gas to ward off insects.
No mater what you do, you will never make yourself indetectable to a deer's nose. So while I might be wrong, I think you're wasting your time worrying about it.
Yeah you're probably right, but I never lost any sleep over it :lol:
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers

hunter with MS
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:29 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Question about Permethrin & Scent blockers

Post by hunter with MS » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:27 pm

I have used both with no problem . The permethrin only smells for a little while until it dries . But I had ticks crawl across my pants with permethrin on them go figure . Also not all ticks will come from the ground they will drop on you from tree branches and down your neck.

Arrowflinger
Posts: 332
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:51 pm
Location: China Spring, Tx

Re: Question about Permethrin & Scent blockers

Post by Arrowflinger » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:34 pm

hunter with MS wrote:I have used both with no problem . The permethrin only smells for a little while until it dries . But I had ticks crawl across my pants with permethrin on them go figure . Also not all ticks will come from the ground they will drop on you from tree branches and down your neck.
. Ninja ticks.
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR

hunter with MS
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:29 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Question about Permethrin & Scent blockers

Post by hunter with MS » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:47 am

You got that right . So when one comes in from outside in tick country tick check I take a shower and sometimes that does not get rid of them all . I live in a very high tick area have I have chronic Lyme disease because I had Lyme before it was heard of in my area I had it for at least 4 to 5 years before I found a Doctor who would test me for it . Does that keep me inside NO I just do the checks and have the medicine on hand . Lyme most likely caused my MS.

User avatar
ihunt
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:30 am
Location: Montreal Canada

Re: Question about Permethrin & Scent blockers

Post by ihunt » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:40 pm

Arrowflinger wrote:
hunter with MS wrote:I have used both with no problem . The permethrin only smells for a little while until it dries . But I had ticks crawl across my pants with permethrin on them go figure . Also not all ticks will come from the ground they will drop on you from tree branches and down your neck.
. Ninja ticks.
Yep Ninja Ticks!
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers

Micro.slayer
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:24 pm

Re: Question about Permethrin & Scent blockers

Post by Micro.slayer » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:50 pm

I feel for Hunter with MS. That story sucks. I Got
Lyme. But after lying in bed in puddles of water. And my joints going ape crap. In 5 days after I got bit I went to Doctor. I was still burning up. Took my sweater off and Doc seen rings on my back. He saId I was lucky because it was early stages. But. Antibiotics don't work for everyone. I also believe once you have it . You are immune. And if you get bit again it won't matter much. But I'm no Doctor. I feel like I'm weaker and tired all the time. Oh well I'm not gonna dwell on it. And won't stop hunting . I know my Pittbull has it. My neighbors all have it. They don't hunt. The Government was experimenting/ studying them in Lyme Mass. They let them out. Go figure. I'm not surprised.

User avatar
ihunt
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:30 am
Location: Montreal Canada

Re: Question about Permethrin & Scent blockers

Post by ihunt » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:49 am

Micro.slayer wrote:I feel for Hunter with MS. That story sucks. I Got
Lyme. But after lying in bed in puddles of water. And my joints going ape crap. In 5 days after I got bit I went to Doctor. I was still burning up. Took my sweater off and Doc seen rings on my back. He saId I was lucky because it was early stages. But. Antibiotics don't work for everyone. I also believe once you have it . You are immune. And if you get bit again it won't matter much. But I'm no Doctor. I feel like I'm weaker and tired all the time. Oh well I'm not gonna dwell on it. And won't stop hunting . I know my Pittbull has it. My neighbors all have it. They don't hunt. The Government was experimenting/ studying them in Lyme Mass. They let them out. Go figure. I'm not surprised.
I'm no doctor either but isn't lyme disease caused by a bacteria? Not like a virus where our bodies builds antibodies but we can't do so with bacterias?
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 23 guests