Let the Boofest Trashtalking Games Begin!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

User avatar
TPM
Posts: 2043
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:48 pm
Location: Kitchener, Ontario

Re: Countdown to Boofest Trashtalking!

Post by TPM » Thu May 18, 2017 7:56 pm

Here's a thought. How about shooting Tom's Daco on the 100 yard range and them running down the range to see if you can catch the arrow before it gets to the target. Shouldn't be too hard. 8)
Last edited by TPM on Thu May 18, 2017 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger

User avatar
amythntr
Posts: 5417
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: Northern, NJ

Re: Countdown to Boofest Trashtalking!

Post by amythntr » Thu May 18, 2017 7:58 pm

TPM wrote:Here's a thought. How about shooting Tom's Daco on yhr 100 yard range and them running down the range to see if you can catch the arrow before it gets to the target. Shouldn't be too hard. 8)


.....Tom...where is your beloved? :shock: ....We need Vixchix to get the "trash talking animal spirits flowing!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
When you are in a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

M380(Jelly Belly)
NMare 335(Bada Bing)
Scorpyd Death Stalker (Oofah!)
ZS,Exec
Spitfires
xbones
VX-R
TT 2.5
BOO,NChunterkw,Vixenm
DrStirrup kit

User avatar
VixChix
Posts: 7247
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:00 pm
Location: Southern Ontario

Re: Countdown to Boofest Trashtalking!

Post by VixChix » Thu May 18, 2017 8:05 pm

I'm here....

..... watching you boys get all silly and nervous because the ladies are being quiet...

Heh. Heh. Heh..... 8)
________________
Sent from a mobile device - So spelling and grammar may be questionable at best...
---
"Team DryFire"
Vixen, HHA Optimizer, Redfield Revolution, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mount,

paulaboutform
Posts: 4187
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:32 pm
Location: Coquitlam, British Columbia

Re: Countdown to Boofest Trashtalking!

Post by paulaboutform » Thu May 18, 2017 9:12 pm

Tom, I'm just breaking colliones. Take it easy. :mrgreen: I'm curious about your perception though. I was shooting 100yards freehand with Mike, Derrick, Lou, Brian and Danny Miller. I guess you're right, I wouldn't shoot with any experienced shooters. :lol: I'll gladly shoot with you again though. You shoot any bow you want and we'll work our way out to 100yards....and props to you though, you did shoot the 100yards last year. :wink:

Paul

flightattendant100
Posts: 3747
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Ft. Worth, Texas

Re: Countdown to Boofest Trashtalking!

Post by flightattendant100 » Fri May 19, 2017 5:19 am

VixChix wrote:I'm here....

..... watching you boys get all silly and nervous because the ladies are being quiet...

Heh. Heh. Heh..... 8)
You can't be sneaky if you make a lot of noise! Hmmmmm :mrgreen:

User avatar
Tom
Posts: 2548
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:43 pm
Location: Ontario Canada
Contact:

Re: Countdown to Boofest Trashtalking!

Post by Tom » Fri May 19, 2017 11:42 am

flightattendant100 wrote:
VixChix wrote:I'm here....

..... watching you boys get all silly and nervous because the ladies are being quiet...

Heh. Heh. Heh..... 8)
You can't be sneaky if you make a lot of noise! Hmmmmm :mrgreen:
Rumour has it that VixChix and TPM are targeting every crossbow but their own this year.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]

flightattendant100
Posts: 3747
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Ft. Worth, Texas

Re: Countdown to Boofest Trashtalking!

Post by flightattendant100 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:59 am

TPM wrote:Here's a thought. How about shooting Tom's Daco on the 100 yard range and them running down the range to see if you can catch the arrow before it gets to the target. Shouldn't be too hard. 8)
Kind of a " Go Deep" ! :D

User avatar
TPM
Posts: 2043
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:48 pm
Location: Kitchener, Ontario

Re: Countdown to Boofest Trashtalking!

Post by TPM » Sat May 20, 2017 8:20 am

Ya, there's just something about a bow who's speed it rated in "FPM" (feet per minute). :lol:
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger

User avatar
Tom
Posts: 2548
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:43 pm
Location: Ontario Canada
Contact:

Re: Countdown to Boofest Trashtalking!

Post by Tom » Sat May 20, 2017 10:11 am

TPM wrote:Ya, there's just something about a bow who's speed it rated in "FPM" (feet per minute). :lol:
Hey Tim, you better be careful or you will have to buy your wife a new faster bow. Putting down the daco as being so slow, I believe your wife shoots the same poundage bow.

Everybody, since Tim things it is so slow, do we think he should get his wife a new bow.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]

User avatar
TPM
Posts: 2043
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:48 pm
Location: Kitchener, Ontario

Re: Countdown to Boofest Trashtalking!

Post by TPM » Sat May 20, 2017 11:07 am

Not a problem Tom, her Vixen has been "tweaked" over the years and is now shooting over 300 fps (303 fps if I remember correctly). That's over 18,000 FPM for you Daco owners. :D
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger

paulaboutform
Posts: 4187
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:32 pm
Location: Coquitlam, British Columbia

Re: Countdown to Boofest Trashtalking!

Post by paulaboutform » Sat May 20, 2017 7:42 pm

Tom wrote:
TPM wrote:Ya, there's just something about a bow who's speed it rated in "FPM" (feet per minute). :lol:
Hey Tim, you better be careful or you will have to buy your wife a new faster bow. Putting down the daco as being so slow, I believe your wife shoots the same poundage bow.

Everybody, since Tim things it is so slow, do we think he should get his wife a new bow.

Tom
Tom, I actually think you're onto something here. Tim,, I certainly think Monica does need a fancy new bow....and while you're at it, I'm sure young Ben would also love one. :mrgreen:

Paul

User avatar
TPM
Posts: 2043
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:48 pm
Location: Kitchener, Ontario

Re: Countdown to Boofest Trashtalking!

Post by TPM » Mon May 22, 2017 11:38 am

Vixchix wouldn't be Vixchix with her Vixen. And we just picked up one for Ben too. :-) To be quite honest we do a lot more target shooting than hunting with our bows and I still say the old Exo bows are nicer for that. Size is not an issue, they're much smoother to cock all day and too much speed will just blow arrows through targets.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger

paulaboutform
Posts: 4187
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:32 pm
Location: Coquitlam, British Columbia

Re: Countdown to Boofest Trashtalking!

Post by paulaboutform » Thu May 25, 2017 9:57 am

TPM wrote:Vixchix wouldn't be Vixchix with her Vixen. And we just picked up one forand reason. Ben too. :-) To be quite honest we do a lot moreto boofe target shooting than hunabout like a Videng with our bows and I still say the old Exo bows are nicer for that. Size is not an issue, they're much smoother to cock all day and too much speed will just blow arrows through targets.
Hmmmm, there you go taking all the fun out of the ridiculous talk with all your logic and reason. I may be bringing my Flamingos, "Uncle Frankie" to Boofest this year and it draws about like a Vixen.......but hits more like a 405. :mrgreen:

Paul

User avatar
amythntr
Posts: 5417
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: Northern, NJ

Re: Let the Boofest Trashtalking Games Begin!

Post by amythntr » Mon May 29, 2017 8:32 pm

.....way too calm on this trash talking ....I guess everyone is getting to old ....or is it the fact that I heard Don started a square dancing event last year which just took the trash talking life out of everyone....

I heard that Upsman will be making his way back this year...and with him comes the infamous red robe :shock:

Anthony :mrgreen:
When you are in a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

M380(Jelly Belly)
NMare 335(Bada Bing)
Scorpyd Death Stalker (Oofah!)
ZS,Exec
Spitfires
xbones
VX-R
TT 2.5
BOO,NChunterkw,Vixenm
DrStirrup kit

User avatar
UPSMAN
Posts: 1262
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: Dover,Fl U.S.

Re: Let the Boofest Trashtalking Games Begin!

Post by UPSMAN » Wed May 31, 2017 6:20 pm

amythntr wrote:.....way too calm on this trash talking ....I guess everyone is getting to old ....or is it the fact that I heard Don started a square dancing event last year which just took the trash talking life out of everyone....

I heard that Upsman will be making his way back this year...and with him comes the infamous red robe :shock:

Anthony :mrgreen:
Boy oh boy, do I have a surprise for you guys this year.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], diesel, Google [Bot], nchunterkw, vixenmaster and 34 guests