THE BOOFEST 100 ***PRIZE ADDED***

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: THE BOOFEST 100 ***PRIZE ADDED***

Post by amythntr » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:58 am

paulaboutform wrote:Don't forget about the shoot...and the targets. The time is drawing near. I just received some target faces for the Rangedog Club Target at 100yards and Craig from Easthill Outdoors is donating some target faces also. :D
Start prepping or get ready to find your 100yard mark at the BOOFEST 100!!! 8)

Paul
Dorge at Firenock is working on a missle guided Firenock for me.....who knows, I might be worried about robin hooding the 100yd competition :shock: :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:

Anthony :roll:
When you are in a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

M380(Jelly Belly)
NMare 335(Bada Bing)
Scorpyd Death Stalker (Oofah!)
ZS,Exec
Spitfires
xbones
VX-R
TT 2.5
BOO,NChunterkw,Vixenm
DrStirrup kit

paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:00 am

amythntr wrote:
paulaboutform wrote:Don't forget about the shoot...and the targets. The time is drawing near. I just received some target faces for the Rangedog Club Target at 100yards and Craig from Easthill Outdoors is donating some target faces also. :D

Paul
Dorge at Firenock is working on a missle guided Firenock for me.....who knows, I might be worried about robin hooding the 100yd competition :shock: :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:

:lol: I think he already has that Anthony, it's called the aerobolt G with his aerovanes. You just need a Scorpyd to launch the 400gr arrows at 450fps and you'll have your one hole groups at 100yards. I'm glad to see someone taking this so seriously fratello mio. :mrgreen: Be warned though, I hear young Colton has begun training. :shock:

Paul

Tom

Post by Tom » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:49 am

paulaboutform wrote:
amythntr wrote:

Paul

:lol: I think he already has that Anthony, it's called the aerobolt G with his aerovanes. You just need a Scorpyd to launch the 400gr arrows at 450fps and you'll have your one hole groups at 100yards. I'm glad to see someone taking this so seriously fratello mio. :mrgreen: Be warned though, I hear young Colton has begun training. :shock:

Paul
On top of all that Paul, unlike Anthony, this year Colton should be able to see above the grass.

It will be cool to see "you alll" shoot at 100 yards. I have not shot a crossbow since I "almost accidentally" robinhooded paul's arrow on the last target last year on the 3d coarse LOL

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]

paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:13 pm

Hmmmm, my memory of that fails me Tom but it seems fortunate we were shooting 3D and not throwing horseshoes. :lol: .......I'm looking forward to flinging some arrows together this year......hopefully with LESS excitement than we had last year! :shock: :mrgreen:

Paul

flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:52 am

paulaboutform wrote:Hmmmm, my memory of that fails me Tom but it seems fortunate we were shooting 3D and not throwing horseshoes. :lol: .......I'm looking forward to flinging some arrows together this year......hopefully with LESS excitement than we had last year! :shock: :mrgreen:

Paul
Danny is still coming, isn't he? :mrgreen:

paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:16 pm

flightattendant100 wrote:
paulaboutform wrote:Hmmmm, my memory of that fails me Tom but it seems fortunate we were shooting 3D and not throwing horseshoes. :lol: .......I'm looking forward to flinging some arrows together this year......hopefully with LESS excitement than we had last year! :shock: :mrgreen:

Paul
:lol: YES! ......but I'll probably be shooting the same bow! :oops:

Paul

Tom

Post by Tom » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:07 pm

flightattendant100 wrote:

Paul
I wonder if we need to charge $ for each crossbow part we pick up or find on the ground.

We need to stipulate that the 100 yard target is for arows and not crossbow parts :?

Tom
Tom

paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:58 pm

Tom, that was AWESOME! ....We'd have made a few bucks that day. :lol:

Paul

paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:07 pm

The time is drawing near and I'm feeling torn. Do I go with the Vortex Viper XB-R by itself or do I attach it to the HHA Optimizer? Hmmmm, there are strengths for each but I'm undecided. If I go with the Optimizer with tactical rings I can also mount a laser scope onto it which is pretty cool!
What kind of setup do y'all have planned for the BOOFEST 100? :D

Paul

amythntr

Post by amythntr » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:36 pm

paulaboutform wrote:The time is drawing near and I'm feeling torn. Do I go with the Vortex Viper XB-R by itself or do I attach it to the HHA Optimizer? Hmmmm, there are strengths for each but I'm undecided. If I go with the Optimizer with tactical rings I can also mount a laser scope onto it which is pretty cool!
What kind of setup do y'all have planned for the BOOFEST 100? :D

Paul
....I had to re-order (from a different place) the extender for the HHA as the place I ordered from said they were on backorder (but never notified me-can you believe it in the Amazon world we live in)....I will be staying with with my "crossbones" Leupy and am hemming and hoarding whether to make an investment in SSA arra's for the event......any and all sighting in will take place at "LaFesta" as I have not opportunity or place to shoot 100yds where I live in The People's Republic of New Jersey.....that's a short way of saying "nuttin to worry about from me! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: "

Anthony :)
When you are in a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

M380(Jelly Belly)
NMare 335(Bada Bing)
ZS,Exec
Spitfires
xbones
VX-R
TT 2.5
BOO,NChunterkw,Vixenm
DrStirrup kit

paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:40 am

Anthony, make sure to bring all your tapes with the HHA so we can get you dialed in.YYou'll be amazed at how tight your groups will be at 100yards. :wink:

Paul

amythntr

Post by amythntr » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:03 am

paulaboutform wrote:Anthony, make sure to bring all your tapes with the HHA so we can get you dialed in.YYou'll be amazed at how tight your groups will be at 100yards. :wink:

Paul
....we in La Famiglia believe in "tight groups" otherwise you don't live too long.... :shock: if you know what I mean :| :mrgreen: fuggetaboutit! :lol: :lol: :lol:

M380(Jelly Belly)
NMare 335(Bada Bing)
ZS,Exec
Spitfires
xbones
VX-R
TT 2.5
BOO,NChunterkw,Vixenm
DrStirrup kit

Tom

Post by Tom » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:19 pm

At the last Boofest Board of Governor's meeting it was decided to make it fair for all involved, all shooting contests willdone without the aid of shooting aids such as a HHA. This was done so we can see the "True Ability of the shooter using a crossbow and peepsight or scope.

Tom
Tom

amythntr

Post by amythntr » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:19 pm

Tom wrote:At the last Boofest Board of Governor's meeting it was decided to make it fair for all involved, all shooting contests willdone without the aid of shooting aids such as a HHA. This was done so we can see the "True Ability of the shooter using a crossbow and peepsight or scope.

Tom

.....Tom, I keep telling you that you cannot pick and choose which Board of Governor's meetings to attend and not attend....there was so much hullabaloo over the misconceived decision that a special meeting had to be called to reverse the poor decision....The BOG caved quickly when many forum members showed up at the official meeting hall on Concession Road (circling the hall) :shock: chanting "we want Boo!..."we want Boo! that the decision was promptly overturned.....in fact the decision to overturn gives new meaning to the name of the road; Concession Road....

.....So based upon the overturned decision HHA's and missile guided arra launchers are now welcomed! :wink: :mrgreen:

M380(Jelly Belly)
NMare 335(Bada Bing)
ZS,Exec
Spitfires
xbones
VX-R
TT 2.5
BOO,NChunterkw,Vixenm
DrStirrup kit

paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:17 pm

Tom wrote:At the last Boofest Board of Governor's meeting it was decided to make it fair for all involved, all shooting contests willdone without the aid of shooting aids such as a HHA. This was done so we can see the "True Ability of the shooter using a crossbow and peepsight or scope.

Tom
Tom, as executive director and acting chief executive officer in charge of the BOOFEST 100 it gives me moderate satisfaction and much amusement to say, "YOU'RE FIRED!" :shock: :lol:
HHA Optimizers, MOA/MRAD scopes and the like are absolutely allowed. The only stipulations being 'as mentioned' in the cover page of this thread and that the shooter shoots freehand without the use of a bench, shooting sticks or the like. :mrgreen:

Paul