OT: A Fine & Proper SCARE!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

jody5252
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 6:30 pm
Location: chambersburg, pennsylvania

Re: OT: A Fine & Proper SCARE!

Post by jody5252 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:05 pm

Blessings for a healthy recovery.
Exocet 200 & Stryker Katana 360 - Easton 2219 magnums - Flex Fletch SK300 vanes - TruGlo red dot sight - Munch-single post quiver mount - D. Miller-quiver mount - 8 pt. Flemish string - 125 gr. DRT Dirt-Nap BH - Lumenok lighted nocks

bubba
Posts: 1850
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:39 pm
Location: West Central Fl

Re: OT: A Fine & Proper SCARE!

Post by bubba » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:28 pm

Best wishes to ya Nog. Hope all goes well for you.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)

User avatar
IronNoggin
Posts: 1120
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:53 pm
Location: Port Alberni, Vancouver Island

Re: OT: A Fine & Proper SCARE!

Post by IronNoggin » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:30 pm

Well... another visit to the SawBones today.

The "good" news:
The retina has healed up pretty good from the first surgery, and is now largely re-attached as it should be.
Next surgery is scheduled for a week from this Thursday (6 July).
Doc still thinks there are "decent odds" of improving the vision from what it currently is.

The Bad:
There is no current vision. Smeared colors across a blurred background.
Following surgery, I will have to be positioned face (nose) down for 20 of 24 hours over the course of a week. :shock:
Next surgery date following that "to be discussed" dependent on the outcome of this one.

When I inquired about meds to assist that, he openly inquired if they were for the wife. :roll:

Man, that is going to be the week from hell... :(

Still hopeful...
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

User avatar
xcaliber
Posts: 8559
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:35 pm
Location: NW Indiana

Re: OT: A Fine & Proper SCARE!

Post by xcaliber » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:55 pm

Hang tough my Brother, praying for the best outcome Matt!

Dan
Matrix 355 (Trixxi) Redfield Revenge 2.5 Trigger Tech
Matrix 330 (Xylia) Nikon Bolt XR Single Stage Trigger Tech
Kodabow Scout (Karma) MFO Tagged Out Sights.
Micro 355 (Jinx) Crossbones. TT Single Stage, Munch Mount
My own Killer Strings and Arrows.

User avatar
Fazan
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:23 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: OT: A Fine & Proper SCARE!

Post by Fazan » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:39 pm

Get a good headset and some relaxing music Matt. Lot of time to kill during that week...

paulaboutform
Posts: 4215
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:32 pm
Location: Coquitlam, British Columbia

Re: OT: A Fine & Proper SCARE!

Post by paulaboutform » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:19 am

Matt, you bring a whole new meaning to the term, 'bottoms up!' :mrgreen: ...I think you could use a little humor about now buddy. I really do wish a speedy and perfect recovery for you.
......I didn't even mention 'hind sight' :wink:

Paul

User avatar
Normous
Posts: 6294
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:04 pm
Location: Windsor, Ontario.

Re: OT: A Fine & Proper SCARE!

Post by Normous » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:59 am

Hang in there Matt...one week of hell = looking well again. There are worse things to endure.
EXCALFFLICTION Since 1991 ->>------------> 2017
Matrix Blackout 405 & 355 for Her
Kustom Krug Micro 355
Leupold VX-R 2-7 Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family

flightattendant100
Posts: 3771
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Ft. Worth, Texas

Re: OT: A Fine & Proper SCARE!

Post by flightattendant100 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:38 am

paulaboutform wrote:Matt, you bring a whole new meaning to the term, 'bottoms up!' :mrgreen: ...I think you could use a little humor about now buddy. I really do wish a speedy and perfect recovery for you.
......I didn't even mention 'hind sight' :wink:

Paul
WOW, your tacky side comes out! :lol: Well that is just mean spirited!
Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery

User avatar
amythntr
Posts: 5417
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: Northern, NJ

Re: OT: A Fine & Proper SCARE!

Post by amythntr » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:57 am

.....Matt, what kind of as(s)inine :shock: requirement is that the doctor is making you do :( ....Hurry up and get better quickly so you can put an as(s)terisk on this phase of your life! :mrgreen:

Anthony :)
When you are in a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

M380(Jelly Belly)
NMare 335(Bada Bing)
Scorpyd Death Stalker (Oofah!)
ZS,Exec
Spitfires
xbones
VX-R
TT 2.5
BOO,NChunterkw,Vixenm
DrStirrup kit

paulaboutform
Posts: 4215
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:32 pm
Location: Coquitlam, British Columbia

Re: OT: A Fine & Proper SCARE!

Post by paulaboutform » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:21 pm

flightattendant100 wrote:
paulaboutform wrote:Matt, you bring a whole new meaning to the term, 'bottoms up!' :mrgreen: ...I think you could use a little humor about now buddy. I really do wish a speedy and perfect recovery for you.
......I didn't even mention 'hind sight' :wink:

Paul
WOW, your tacky side comes out! :lol: Well that is just mean spirited!
Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery
Tacky!? Mean Spirited?!!! :evil: :x I think you're a little crazy! :lol: .....My brother Nog knows there's NO malice in my joking around. :wink:

Paul

User avatar
IronNoggin
Posts: 1120
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:53 pm
Location: Port Alberni, Vancouver Island

Re: OT: A Fine & Proper SCARE!

Post by IronNoggin » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:26 pm

paulaboutform wrote:......I didn't even mention 'hind sight' :wink:
A little comic relief never hurts! :lol:
Good thing you weren't inquiring as to any possible LGBT buddies lurkin' in the background! :shock:

Gotta be honest, I am freaked. Hanging onto sanity, but the thread is thin at this point...

Turns out that even though these procedures are damn near brand new, there is equipment to help see you through it. Picking up a bed mount face rest, specialized chair and more the day of the surgery... :shock:

Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

User avatar
xcaliber
Posts: 8559
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:35 pm
Location: NW Indiana

Re: OT: A Fine & Proper SCARE!

Post by xcaliber » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:39 pm

I'm with you on many fronts Matt. Getting older, capable of less than I'm used too, and scared to death of loosing what i have left. I'm still in good shape, work out as much as possible, and don't sit still. I put my eye sight way up there in terms of things I appreciate, right next to my libido. :lol: :lol: Just funning! My eye sight comes in second! :shock: Again, poking the dog! Anyway, have faith, there are many here pulling for you, and you are a good man, God has that in mind. Do what the Doc says, rest up, and stay strong. What happens is what happens, and you'll pull through it. I'm hoping better than you expect!
Damn Good Luck to You Matt!
Matrix 355 (Trixxi) Redfield Revenge 2.5 Trigger Tech
Matrix 330 (Xylia) Nikon Bolt XR Single Stage Trigger Tech
Kodabow Scout (Karma) MFO Tagged Out Sights.
Micro 355 (Jinx) Crossbones. TT Single Stage, Munch Mount
My own Killer Strings and Arrows.

flightattendant100
Posts: 3771
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Ft. Worth, Texas

Re: OT: A Fine & Proper SCARE!

Post by flightattendant100 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:19 am

IronNoggin wrote:
paulaboutform wrote:......I didn't even mention 'hind sight' :wink:
A little comic relief never hurts! :lol:
Good thing you weren't inquiring as to any possible LGBT buddies lurkin' in the background! :shock:

Gotta be honest, I am freaked. Hanging onto sanity, but the thread is thin at this point...

Turns out that even though these procedures are damn near brand new, there is equipment to help see you through it. Picking up a bed mount face rest, specialized chair and more the day of the surgery... :shock:

Nog
That's the way he treats FRIENDS! :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Tom
Posts: 2548
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:43 pm
Location: Ontario Canada
Contact:

Re: OT: A Fine & Proper SCARE!

Post by Tom » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:38 am

Matt, I sure hope everything works up well for you
paulaboutform wrote:Matt, you bring a whole new meaning to the term, 'bottoms up!' :mrgreen: ...I think you could use a little humor about now buddy. I really do wish a speedy and perfect recovery for you.
......I didn't even mention 'hind sight' :wink:

Paul
Wow Paul, I do believe that Nog needs to come to Boofest just so when he defeats you, takes your (the prize) knife, and then winks his good eye while he takes his knife (the prize) ........ how are you going to answer that :lol: .

To be honest, a little humour does a lot of good to ease the mind in times like these.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]

User avatar
amythntr
Posts: 5417
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: Northern, NJ

Re: OT: A Fine & Proper SCARE!

Post by amythntr » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:01 am

xcaliber wrote:I'm with you on many fronts Matt. Getting older, capable of less than I'm used too, and scared to death of loosing what i have left. I'm still in good shape, work out as much as possible, and don't sit still. I put my eye sight way up there in terms of things I appreciate, right next to my libido. :lol: :lol: Just funning! My eye sight comes in second! :shock: Again, poking the dog! Anyway, have faith, there are many here pulling for you, and you are a good man, God has that in mind. Do what the Doc says, rest up, and stay strong. What happens is what happens, and you'll pull through it. I'm hoping better than you expect!
Damn Good Luck to You Matt!
.....If I were you Dan....I would rank your Arsesole up there at number one....because if that don't work you will quickly find out that no other part(s) of your body will function well for too long....hence the story of "all the parts of the body arguing over who should be boss!"....I'm sure you have heard that one! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
When you are in a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

M380(Jelly Belly)
NMare 335(Bada Bing)
Scorpyd Death Stalker (Oofah!)
ZS,Exec
Spitfires
xbones
VX-R
TT 2.5
BOO,NChunterkw,Vixenm
DrStirrup kit

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 72 guests