Sound suppression

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

Re: Sound suppression

Postby amythntr » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:34 am

....I have heard that the deer hear the noise from the incoming arrow approaching them...correct or fallacy?

Anthony :)
When you are in a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

BD400(Fulmine Grande)
M380(Jelly Belly)
NMare 335(Bada Bing)
ZS
SpitfireXXX
NAP FOC
xbones
TT 2.5
BOO,NChunterkw,Vixenm
DrStirrup kitx3
User avatar
amythntr
 
Posts: 5133
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: Northern, NJ

Re: Sound suppression

Postby SEW » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:41 pm

amythntr wrote:....I have heard that the deer hear the noise from the incoming arrow approaching them...correct or fallacy?

Anthony :)



I'm convinced this is the problem, when it's a problem. I sound test my arrows. Quietest yet: SK200 & 300, Schwacker or FOCs. Vented fixed broadheads are fairly noisy. Some expandible BHs are noisy, including one of my favorites, Spitfires.
That stated, I still use Blazers, FOCs and 175g Xbow Tricks(have a large supply - the 175s are discontinued).
Last edited by SEW on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SEW
 
Posts: 1172
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:55 am
Location: NE Arkansas

Re: Sound suppression

Postby FORVOLS » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:34 pm

SEW wrote:
amythntr wrote:....I have heard that the deer hear the noise from the incoming arrow approaching them...correct or fallacy?

Anthony :)



I'm convinced this is the problem, when it's a problem. I sound test my arrows. Quietest yet: SK200 & 300, Schwacker or FOCs. Vented fixed broadheads are fairly noisy. Some expandible BHs are fIrly noisy, including one of my favorites, Spitfires.
That stated, I still use Blazers, FOCs and 175g Xbow Tricks(have a large supply - the 175s are discontinued).



I have for the last 3yrs developed a kazoo in my shed...er LAB that has sound eliminating properties. I blow it when I pull the trigger. tested on targets they don't move. Tested on 3 deer they looked around like WTF is that ..then bam jump jump flop. This was at 30yrds YMMV.. SO for 27.91 plus tax shipping and 14.37 handling fee I can send you a shed...er lab tested kazoo in CAMO. That through my testing has eliminated inflight arrow noise..you order today I will also send a small bag of wilderness blessed chicken bones . Just shake em when you get on the stand. Makes your hunting mojo...mucho. Order now while supplies last. Just pay separate handling fee for bones(22.14).
FORVOLS
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:20 pm
Location: Northeast TN, Hawkins county

Re: Sound suppression

Postby Arrowflinger » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:45 pm

So where do I send the check?
Matrix 350 LE Vixenmaster custom string 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
Arrowflinger
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:51 pm
Location: China Spring, Tx

Re: Sound suppression

Postby amythntr » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:25 am

Arrowflinger wrote:So where do I send the check?



......before I send my good hard earned cash....you have not provided answers to the most pressing, unanswered questions :?: :?: ....How many ounces of wilderness blessed chicken bones are in the small bag, what wilderness are those chickenbones from (northern, southern, eastern or western?)....and you left the most important question unanswered....are those chicken bones from one chicken or multiple chickens?

.......mom raised no fool! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:
When you are in a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

BD400(Fulmine Grande)
M380(Jelly Belly)
NMare 335(Bada Bing)
ZS
SpitfireXXX
NAP FOC
xbones
TT 2.5
BOO,NChunterkw,Vixenm
DrStirrup kitx3
User avatar
amythntr
 
Posts: 5133
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: Northern, NJ

Re: Sound suppression

Postby Ferguson Outfitters » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:23 pm

I found if you wrap your thumb with an ace bandage and leave it sticking up at the bottom of the rail, it really keeps things toned down.
User avatar
Ferguson Outfitters
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:14 am

Re: Sound suppression

Postby janesy » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:54 pm

FORVOLS wrote:
I have for the last 3yrs developed a kazoo in my shed...er LAB that has sound eliminating properties. I blow it when I pull the trigger. tested on targets they don't move. Tested on 3 deer they looked around like WTF is that ..then bam jump jump flop. This was at 30yrds YMMV.. SO for 27.91 plus tax shipping and 14.37 handling fee I can send you a shed...er lab tested kazoo in CAMO. That through my testing has eliminated inflight arrow noise..you order today I will also send a small bag of wilderness blessed chicken bones . Just shake em when you get on the stand. Makes your hunting mojo...mucho. Order now while supplies last. Just pay separate handling fee for bones(22.14).


Ok so I'll admit... I honestly thought you were serious there, and had to read that three times.

I thought to myself, ok Janesy, You have bought gimmick products before... But this guy's crazy if he thinks I'll be walking around the woods with a camo kazoo.
Then I got a swift knock in the forehead and it all makes sense. Good one!
Matrix 355
Micro-Mod 360

It so hard to choose... Just get one of everything.
janesy
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: Sound suppression

Postby Ferguson Outfitters » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:17 pm

Do you hear the grasshopper at your foot? -Master Po
User avatar
Ferguson Outfitters
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:14 am

Re: Sound suppression

Postby FORVOLS » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:58 am

amythntr wrote:
Arrowflinger wrote:So where do I send the check?



......before I send my good hard earned cash....you have not provided answers to the most pressing, unanswered questions :?: :?: ....How many ounces of wilderness blessed chicken bones are in the small bag, what wilderness are those chickenbones from (northern, southern, eastern or western?)....and you left the most important question unanswered....are those chicken bones from one chicken or multiple chickens?

.......mom raised no fool! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:


Sorry Anthony,

Just sold my last bag of chicken bones to a "new to hunting" guy from San Francisco city :wink: :wink: ..But I do have available title to bridge out there (part of the trade for chicken bones)... :D
FORVOLS
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:20 pm
Location: Northeast TN, Hawkins county

Re: Sound suppression

Postby FORVOLS » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:00 pm

janesy,

Glad you enjoyed it. :)
FORVOLS
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:20 pm
Location: Northeast TN, Hawkins county

Re: Sound suppression

Postby sirwill » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:56 pm

Same here... When I remove my hearing aids my Ibex and new Micro sound like the wind...
User avatar
sirwill
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:23 pm

Re: Sound suppression

Postby sirwill » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:00 pm

Deaf jeff wrote:
hankenhunter wrote:Well said. I've taken deer out to forty yards and haven't had one jump the string. Which is a misnomer because deer have to bunch up before they can jump. So if you're worried, aim a bit lower. Quicker blood trails and faster bleeding out. Besides, being deaf, my beast sounds kinda quiet to me. :wink:
Hank


being deaf surely helps with sound(27 years experience in this department). sound dampening on crossbows is overrated imo.
no deer i have shot has ever complained


I feel you... When I take my hearing aids out my Ibex and new Micro sound like the wind...
User avatar
sirwill
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:23 pm

Previous

Return to Crossbow Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BrotherRon, DaraIdealay and 31 guests