Stryker Katana 360

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

jody5252

Stryker Katana 360

Post by jody5252 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:49 pm

Just wanted to see if anyone was shooting one of these. What Arrow type, and weight? Are you using the Moon nocks or the Omni nocks? Any other info., that you would like to share, would be great... I just picked mine up, last week. :)
Exocet 200 & Stryker Katana 360 - Easton 2219 magnums - Flex Fletch SK300 vanes - TruGlo red dot sight - Munch-single post quiver mount - D. Miller-quiver mount - 8 pt. Flemish string - 125 gr. DRT Dirt-Nap BH - Lumenok lighted nocks

Boo

Re: Stryker Katana 360

Post by Boo » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:24 am

jody5252 wrote:Just wanted to see if anyone was shooting one of these. What Arrow type, and weight? Are you using the Moon nocks or the Omni nocks? Any other info., that you would like to share, would be great... I just picked mine up, last week. :)
It's a great bow as I'm sure you've discovered. Short, narrow and well balanced. The only thing I wasn't thrilled about was the 4 lb trigger and only because I know it doesn't have to be that heavy.
I'm using the factory moon nocked arrow (nocks come glued in) but with a 125 gr tip. In my experience Omni nocks are an erratic, not always giving good accuracy. Look hard at capture nocks that are offered by Firenock, Parker and Black Eagle Arrow.
Don't be surprised if your bow needs an adjustment to cables and the ATA length. You might want to contact Danny Miller for a set of strings and cables.
If there are no dogs in heaven then I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Correct a fool and he'll hate you, Correct a wise man he'll thank you!
Madness is having a Malinois
Boocustomstrings.com

jody5252

Post by jody5252 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:51 pm

I heard that about the Omni nocks. However, they seem ok, with 10 pt. bows... If I stay with the moon nocks I am going to have to learn how to align it with the main vane. Will I have to fletch my arrows differently? How is this done, exactly. I have no experience with capture nocks either. Do you have to align vane with these, also? The package came with 3 arrows, I got the 2219 Easton magnum shafts, I prefer alum., I fletch my own arrows.
Exocet 200 & Stryker Katana 360 - Easton 2219 magnums - Flex Fletch SK300 vanes - TruGlo red dot sight - Munch-single post quiver mount - D. Miller-quiver mount - 8 pt. Flemish string - 125 gr. DRT Dirt-Nap BH - Lumenok lighted nocks

Boo

Post by Boo » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:19 pm

Moon nocks, like capture nocks are installed so that the cock vanes (which are a different colour) is oriented down. If done right, all you do is put the cock vanes down and push back until the arrow stops. With capture nocks, just push back until you hear or feel the click.
If there are no dogs in heaven then I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Correct a fool and he'll hate you, Correct a wise man he'll thank you!
Madness is having a Malinois
Boocustomstrings.com

jody5252

Post by jody5252 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:47 am

Boo wrote:Moon nocks, like capture nocks are installed so that the cock vanes (which are a different colour) is oriented down. If done right, all you do is put the cock vanes down and push back until the arrow stops. With capture nocks, just push back until you hear or feel the click.
I always fletch my arrows with one different color. So actually, you can fletch your arrow the same way, then adjust the nock, to the cock vane. Same as you would with an arrow for a compound bow. Check it by nocking arrow, then by turning the arrow until you get it aligned... I would assume that it is properly aligned as long as none of the vane is not touching anything. (rail) If this is correct, will it make a difference in accuracy, (for hunting-out to 50yds.) if one arrow is turned different then the other? Thanks for the reply. J.

amythntr

Post by amythntr » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:04 pm

.....wheels, cables, adjustments, complexity....., never on my watch :shock:

Anthony :)
When you are in a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

M380(Jelly Belly)
NMare 335(Bada Bing)
Scorpyd Death Stalker (Oofah!)
ZS,Exec
Spitfires
xbones
VX-R
TT 2.5
BOO,NChunterkw,Vixenm
DrStirrup kit

jody5252

Post by jody5252 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:57 pm

amythntr wrote:.....wheels, cables, adjustments, complexity....., never on my watch :shock:

Anthony :)
Yea I know. I said that I would not get this type of x-bow... However it still is in the Excal family (never betray the family) I did my research, and these are the least maintenance free bows out there. I wanted something smaller for those Ridge climbing/way back in hunts... With all the good and not so good with the Micros, I just did not want to take a chance... Still loyal to my Exocet... :D :mrgreen: