Firenocks and Accessories

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Firenocks and Accessories

Post by amythntr » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:01 am

.....i have become intrigued with the Firenock system of products and have begun using the "Firenocks" themselves....Dorge is a wonderful person and may I add has donated 3 sets of 3 Firenocks to the Boofest Charity Draw at Boofest 2017 next month.....This is over a $250 value....

.....I have become convinced that this is not as expensive of a system as would first appear to be....the Firenocks are easily removed and can be changed over to another arrow with just a couple of twists....the product far exceeds the Lumenoks and Ignitors in my opinion....

Now to my queries:

.....Does anyone have any familiarity with the use of the Aerovane Jig, the acual Aerovanes (lll) and the Aerobolt....I know the system is a little pricey but the accuracy is supposed to be phenomenal. Dorge recommends that the Aerovane lll be fletched with a straight clamp due to the design of the vane.

Curious as to who uses these and what they have found....also, has anyone used the Aero Bolt arrows?

Anthony :)
When you are in a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

M380(Jelly Belly)
NMare 335(Bada Bing)
Scorpyd Death Stalker (Oofah!)
ZS,Exec
Spitfires
xbones
VX-R
TT 2.5
BOO,NChunterkw,Vixenm
DrStirrup kit

paulaboutform

Re: Firenocks and Accessories

Post by paulaboutform » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:29 pm

Hi Anthony, I'd also love to try Dorge's system. However, from speaking to him, you need to be producing 'Scorpyd' fast speed to generate the potential of the
arrow/vanes combination. Also, the regular scopes or HHA Optimizers will not work. You would need an M.O.A. or M.R.A.D. scope....as per Dorge. I'd also like to hear from someone who's dropped the coin and their thoughts.

Paul

amythntr

Post by amythntr » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:35 pm

paulaboutform wrote:Hi Anthony, I'd also love to try Dorge's system. However, from speaking to him, you need to be producing 'Scorpyd' fast speed to generate the potential of the
arrow/vanes combination. Also, the regular scopes or HHA Optimizers will not work. You would need an M.O.A. or M.R.A.D. scope....as per Dorge. I'd also like to hear from someone who's dropped the coin and their thoughts.

Paul

.....that's why I reach out to the 'sperts.....as Sargent Schultz used to say, "I know nuttting!"

Thanks fratello!

Anthony :)
When you are in a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

M380(Jelly Belly)
NMare 335(Bada Bing)
ZS,Exec
Spitfires
xbones
VX-R
TT 2.5
BOO,NChunterkw,Vixenm
DrStirrup kit

paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:56 pm

If I recall correctly, when shot from Scorpyd's speed bow shooting 440fps with a 400gr Aero Bolt G and Aerovanes (I can't remember which of the Aerovanes) there's actual lift created which would result in something like 2" of total drop from 20yards to 100yards and completely silent flight throughout. That's completely amazing to me. I also wish that I could afford and justify spending the money required for just the arrows....not to mention the Scorpyd to launch them. :wink:

Paul

amythntr

Post by amythntr » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:58 am

paulaboutform wrote:If I recall correctly, when shot from Scorpyd's speed bow shooting 440fps with a 400gr Aero Bolt G and Aerovanes (I can't remember which of the Aerovanes) there's actual lift created which would result in something like 2" of total drop from 20yards to 100yards and completely silent flight throughout. That's completely amazing to me. I also wish that I could afford and justify spending the money required for just the arrows....not to mention the Scorpyd to launch them. :wink:

Paul

......'mon fratello,.....as Ralph Kramden (of the Honeymooners) used to say, for you its a "mere bag of shells! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Anthony :lol:

M380(Jelly Belly)
NMare 335(Bada Bing)
ZS,Exec
Spitfires
xbones
VX-R
TT 2.5
BOO,NChunterkw,Vixenm
DrStirrup kit

paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:03 am

Fratello, if I had your bag of shells I'd throw mine away and already have Dorge's arrows, traumahawk broadheads (made for 5 yards or less recovery) and the Scorpyd! :wink: :lol:

Paul

amythntr

Post by amythntr » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:14 am

paulaboutform wrote:Fratello, if I had your bag of shells I'd throw mine away and already have Dorge's arrows, traumahawk broadheads (made for 5 yards or less recovery) and the Scorpyd! :wink: :lol:

Paul

....I burned all of my $ in anticipation of the truck loads of yours said to be delivered to my home sometime this week by Prime Minister Trudeau himself. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Anthony :mrgreen:

M380(Jelly Belly)
NMare 335(Bada Bing)
ZS,Exec
Spitfires
xbones
VX-R
TT 2.5
BOO,NChunterkw,Vixenm
DrStirrup kit