Trigger tech recall

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

Re: Trigger tech recall

Postby amythntr » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:28 pm

LongCarbine wrote:I can't help myself . After some post here and on face book and posts in the past I need to get this of my chest. Did some of you not know that replacing the trigger might void your warranty ? Really ?
Put big tires and a lift kit on your truck once ,see what happens . Customize a new rifle or pistol then send it in for work . Open a back of a t.v once then try to have it repaired. How can any reasonable person think Excalibur should cover anything that is not factory . I am shocked to hear of all of the things they do cover , that could be one of the reasons they are so pricey . Don't get me wrong I love to mess with one of my bows , but if something goes wrong with it I'll let them know it's not factory and except what they decide to cover if anything. Also I did not read anything about them blaming T.T for past failures... Before some of you get all bent out of shape , make a product ,sell it , have someone mess with it . Then if it fails fix it at your cost while listening to them tell you about the junk you make. The only way to stay in business like that is to charge for the repairs or to past the costs on . Think about it .


....so following your line of thinking, which I can't say I disagree with (at least partially) , just about everyone's Excalibur Warranty should now be "void"....from the simplest flemish twist string exchange or shrink wrapping of the arrow retainer to the more elaborate cutting of rails and exchanging of limbs to create a "custom bow" and everything in between....

.....and yet, to Excalibur's credit and generous warranty repairs and exchanges of parts, that has not been the case, .....so I again ask the question, WHY, has Excalibur chosen (and they of course have every right to do so) to pick on a reputable company, who has tried to get ahead of the curve (and with so few Excalibur triggers involved) and initiate a "recall", to state that the use of a TTT will void the warranty...

.....If the concern is liability (and of course I understand that).....have a "clear and forthright" policy as to WHAT voids the warranty so that each and everyone of us know where we stand on making modifications, additions or replacements to the CB's we own....NOT by what appears to be a "knee jerk" reaction because someone called Excalibur to ask if they had anything to do with the recall....only to be told they were not aware that there WAS a recall....soon thereafter the posting on Excalibur's FB page of the voiding of the Excalibur Warranty for such a trigger installation made to the Excalibur crossbow....

.....I might suggest, that if, the preceding paragraph was adopted, a slippery slope might very well have begun where Excalibur's warranty might be perceived to be "no different" than that of any other CB manufacturer....

....This is how I see it and is just my opinion and nothing more....


Anthony :)
When you are in a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

BD400(Fulmine Grande)
M380(Jelly Belly)
NMare 335(Bada Bing)
ZS
SpitfireXXX
NAP FOC
xbones
TT 2.5
BOO,NChunterkw,Vixenm
DrStirrup kitx3
User avatar
amythntr
 
Posts: 5278
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: Northern, NJ

Re: Trigger tech recall

Postby LongCarbine » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:39 pm

May, 2013 (Subject to change without notice)

RE: WARRANTY EXCLUSION – Aftermarket Components

Several companies are producing aftermarket components specifically designed to fit Excalibur crossbow models.


All modifications to any part of your Excalibur Crossbow product will be at your own risk. Any alteration or substitution of components on an Excalibur Crossbow product will VOID warranty and liability.

All warranty consideration will be at the discretion of Excalibur Crossbow.

Any questions regarding Excalibur Crossbow warranty policies should be directed to our Customer Service Department.

Sincerely,
EXCALIBUR CROSSBOW INC.

This is all I needed to see . It is from 2013 I do believe it was before Bow Tec bought them.... {All warranty consideration will be at the discretion of Excalibur Crossbow.} This line tells me that a piece of shrink wrap might not void it. With reasonably thinking using a 250 grain arrow might . Also I have redone many old military rifle triggers and even built some . If I made one for one of my X-bows and caused a dry fire and damaged my bow , who should pay for it ? And no I'm not knocking T.T they are top notch and a very good company it's just an example.
Jim
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
LongCarbine
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: N.E. Wisconsin

Re: Trigger tech recall

Postby amythntr » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:02 pm

LongCarbine wrote:May, 2013 (Subject to change without notice)

RE: WARRANTY EXCLUSION – Aftermarket Components

Several companies are producing aftermarket components specifically designed to fit Excalibur crossbow models.


All modifications to any part of your Excalibur Crossbow product will be at your own risk. Any alteration or substitution of components on an Excalibur Crossbow product will VOID warranty and liability.

All warranty consideration will be at the discretion of Excalibur Crossbow.

Any questions regarding Excalibur Crossbow warranty policies should be directed to our Customer Service Department.

Sincerely,
EXCALIBUR CROSSBOW INC.

This is all I needed to see . It is from 2013 I do believe it was before Bow Tec bought them.... {All warranty consideration will be at the discretion of Excalibur Crossbow.} This line tells me that a piece of shrink wrap might not void it. With reasonably thinking using a 250 grain arrow might . Also I have redone many old military rifle triggers and even built some . If I made one for one of my X-bows and caused a dry fire and damaged my bow , who should pay for it ? And no I'm not knocking T.T they are top notch and a very good company it's just an example.
Jim


Ah, thanks Jim....You actually proved the main point I was trying to make; that ECB has gone out of its way to call out Triggertech and the use of its triggers to the carpet....why not just reiterate their 2013 statement of warranty? Why the specific statement and an example made of TT???? .....
I never saw them do this with any of the craftsmen or manufacturers listed below...some make presentations both on this forum and at an annual get together where BOTH the manufacturer or provider of aftermarket products AND Excalibur management are present!!!!.....never is a word mentioned! Hmmmm?

Soooo:

....I would now imagine then that the DrStirrup setup or any part there of voids the warranty,

....as would a Munch Mount,

....as would Ti64 Titanium Components,

....as would Flemish Strings and their craftsmen unless purchased through Excalibur,

....as would any other scope (Leupold, Nikon, Vortex, Zeiss or Hawke) other than the phenomenal, "top of the line" Excalibur OEM scopes.

....as would any non OEM arrows (Black EagleArchery (Zombie Slayers and Executioners), South Shore Archery TAPPS) other than those phenomenal arrows that are provided with the CB's,

.....why "I do declare," I think I have the "royal flush" of warranty voiding culprits!

It is my opinion (and I hope I am wrong) that we could be entering a new era
with the Bowtech ownership as to what is covered and what is not....time will surely tell!

Anthony :)
When you are in a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

BD400(Fulmine Grande)
M380(Jelly Belly)
NMare 335(Bada Bing)
ZS
SpitfireXXX
NAP FOC
xbones
TT 2.5
BOO,NChunterkw,Vixenm
DrStirrup kitx3
User avatar
amythntr
 
Posts: 5278
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: Northern, NJ

Re: Trigger tech recall

Postby LongCarbine » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:00 pm

Soooo:

....I would now imagine then that the DrStirrup setup or any part there of voids the warranty,

....as would a Munch Mount,

....as would Ti64 Titanium Components,

....as would Flemish Strings and their craftsmen unless purchased through Excalibur,

....as would any other scope (Leupold, Nikon, Vortex, Zeiss or Hawke) other than the phenomenal, "top of the line" Excalibur OEM scopes.

....as would any non OEM arrows (Black EagleArchery (Zombie Slayers and Executioners), South Shore Archery TAPPS) other than those phenomenal arrows that are provided with the CB's,

.....why "I do declare," I think I have the "royal flush" of warranty voiding culprits!

Anthony
If you truly can't see the difference between replacing a scope or the use of arrows of the proper weight to altering the mechanical workings of the bow then by all means be upset . If you misunderstood the warranty before you bought or altered your bows again be upset.
I think if Excalibur didn't bend over backwards so much that them standing up and saying something comes as a shock to some . To get picky , as far as Ti screws and peoples stings . Put aluminum screws in and a piece of twine for a string. Should they cover the limbs or your face when it blows up ? Just asking . Also please read {alteration or substitution of components }
I hope you have a good day and enjoy Boo Fest
Jim
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
LongCarbine
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: N.E. Wisconsin

Re: Trigger tech recall

Postby amythntr » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:06 pm

... great debating with you Jim... we can agree to disagree... no name calling just debating...

...I do hope to enjoy Boofest... if you haven't been to one I hope someday you'll get the opportunity!

...I think one thing we can agree on... Excalibur is a mighty fine CB... and I hope to continue to have fun with it my remaining hunting days...OBTW... not upset at all! :wink:

Anthony :)
When you are in a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

BD400(Fulmine Grande)
M380(Jelly Belly)
NMare 335(Bada Bing)
ZS
SpitfireXXX
NAP FOC
xbones
TT 2.5
BOO,NChunterkw,Vixenm
DrStirrup kitx3
User avatar
amythntr
 
Posts: 5278
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: Northern, NJ

Re: Trigger tech recall

Postby LongCarbine » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:50 pm

I'm glad you are not upset it was never my intent . Maybe one day my wife and I will cross the border . And you are right these bows are great !
Take care. Jim
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
LongCarbine
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: N.E. Wisconsin

Re: Trigger tech recall

Postby toytruck » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:21 pm

Do you all happen to know what years an models this trigger recall is for? I have a 2010 Ibex with aluminum rail. Thanks!
Life may change us, but we begin and end with family.
White's and TC Renegade
2010 Ibex
toytruck
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:00 pm
Location: Harrisonburg, VA

Re: Trigger tech recall

Postby amythntr » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 pm

toytruck wrote:Do you all happen to know what years an models this trigger recall is for? I have a 2010 Ibex with aluminum rail. Thanks!



....ToyTruck...The recall has NOTHING to do with Excalibur or any model of CB they have manufactured. Their OEM triggers have nothing to do with this "recall." The "recall" is solely with regard to "Triggertech Triggers" which is an aftermarket trigger that many of us have swapped out for numerous reasons.

....a group of the Triggertech Triggers have been recalled due to apparent degradation of the carbide rollers within THEIR trigger units that WE had CHOSEN to change.

....so, if you had purchased your CB originally when it came out there should be NO ISSUES to concern yourself with. If you purchased your CB from someone else who might have changed to a Triggertech trigger it is easily identifiable by the word TRIGGERTECH when viewing your CB from the side....If that is the case, then, and only then, will you have to remove the trigger and check for the serial number to determine whether it is a trigger which is part of the "recall!".....I hope this helps!

Anthony :)
When you are in a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

BD400(Fulmine Grande)
M380(Jelly Belly)
NMare 335(Bada Bing)
ZS
SpitfireXXX
NAP FOC
xbones
TT 2.5
BOO,NChunterkw,Vixenm
DrStirrup kitx3
User avatar
amythntr
 
Posts: 5278
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: Northern, NJ

Re: Trigger tech recall

Postby amythntr » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:54 am

....three TTT's checked and so far so good....none have yet to be in recall...on to my other son's and the BD400

Anthony :)
When you are in a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

BD400(Fulmine Grande)
M380(Jelly Belly)
NMare 335(Bada Bing)
ZS
SpitfireXXX
NAP FOC
xbones
TT 2.5
BOO,NChunterkw,Vixenm
DrStirrup kitx3
User avatar
amythntr
 
Posts: 5278
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: Northern, NJ

Re: Trigger tech recall

Postby toytruck » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:55 am

amythntr wrote:
toytruck wrote:Do you all happen to know what years an models this trigger recall is for? I have a 2010 Ibex with aluminum rail. Thanks!



....ToyTruck...The recall has NOTHING to do with Excalibur or any model of CB they have manufactured. Their OEM triggers have nothing to do with this "recall." The "recall" is solely with regard to "Triggertech Triggers" which is an aftermarket trigger that many of us have swapped out for numerous reasons.

....a group of the Triggertech Triggers have been recalled due to apparent degradation of the carbide rollers within THEIR trigger units that WE had CHOSEN to change.

....so, if you had purchased your CB originally when it came out there should be NO ISSUES to concern yourself with. If you purchased your CB from someone else who might have changed to a Triggertech trigger it is easily identifiable by the word TRIGGERTECH when viewing your CB from the side....If that is the case, then, and only then, will you have to remove the trigger and check for the serial number to determine whether it is a trigger which is part of the "recall!".....I hope this helps!

Anthony :)

That's a load off...thank you sir!! I bought my Ibex NIB from ebay back then, don't belong there anymore. I'm sure its an original Excalibur trigger, alittle rough, but not enough to change out. Glad I never touched it now... 8)
Life may change us, but we begin and end with family.
White's and TC Renegade
2010 Ibex
toytruck
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:00 pm
Location: Harrisonburg, VA

Re: Trigger tech recall

Postby Excalibur Marketing Dude » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:42 am

Wow, quite a thread! I've been away on business and just noticed this one.

I see lots of talk about our warranty and how we're picking on Trigger Tech, nowhere do we specifically say anything about Trigger Tech in our warranty.
Since day one aftermarket parts have always voided our warranty since its something we have no control over that could cause a failure, this is true for all manufacturers not just us.

However, there is one important part to our warranty "at Excalibur Crossbows discretion" I think a few have missed. This means we have the right to offer warranty or not depending on the circumstance. Obviously, if your scope fails
and you have a Trigger Tech trigger we are still going to offer you warranty on the scope since there is no relation from one part to the other. But if an aftermarket trigger fails and breaks a limb we should not be responsible for that part.

We have always been more than fair with our warranty and intend to continue to do so. Warranty policies are made as a "road map" to follow but we know every circumstance is different and will continue to be fair with all our users.

BTW Bowtech has nothing to do with any of our policies, we still run our warranty department independently. If anybody ever needs clarification regarding our warranty please feel free to contact me directly anytime.

The sky is actually not falling. :D
User avatar
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:25 pm

Re: Trigger tech recall

Postby paulaboutform » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:38 am

Peter, thank you for clearing the air. In my experience, you and your team have always been extremely fair, beyond accommodating, and very generous with your customer service. This is a HUGE part of why we all love Excaliburs and will continue to support this great company. Thanks. :D

Paul
paulaboutform
 
Posts: 4011
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:32 pm
Location: Coquitlam, British Columbia

Re: Trigger tech recall

Postby mr meat » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:54 am

paulaboutform wrote:Peter, thank you for clearing the air. In my experience, you and your team have always been extremely fair, beyond accommodating, and very generous with your customer service. This is a HUGE part of why we all love Excaliburs and will continue to support this great company. Thanks. :D

Paul

X2 on what Paul has said!
vixen 11
exoct 175 with Aging custom stock #27
exocet 200
matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
mr meat
 
Posts: 3832
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:40 pm
Location: Waterdown-- Ontario

Re: Trigger tech recall

Postby Tom » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:11 pm

mr meat wrote:
paulaboutform wrote:Peter, thank you for clearing the air. In my experience, you and your team have always been extremely fair, beyond accommodating, and very generous with your customer service. This is a HUGE part of why we all love Excaliburs and will continue to support this great company. Thanks. :D

Paul

X2 on what Paul has said!


Make that X3

The problem I see is not so much with excalibur, but with other companies and the way they treat their customers and hide behind the warranty exclusions. Many people have difficulty believing that a company has good intentions and if there is an option available that the company will always choose the easy way out.

Excalubur has always in the past, treated their customers with respect and fairness. This is not an opinion, but a proven action which many people can and have testified too.

Tom
Tom
Image
User avatar
Tom
 
Posts: 2508
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:43 pm
Location: Ontario Canada

Re: Trigger tech recall

Postby newbie » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:52 pm

I didnt expect anything different.
this gets hashed out every year when someone thinks things have changed or something like this happens and your warranty statement is brought back up.
Thanks Peter
Now if you could just talk to photobucket :lol:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
User avatar
newbie
 
Posts: 2496
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:02 pm
Location: Brantford Ontario

PreviousNext

Return to Crossbow Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 24 guests