A Sad Way To Learn The Truth

This area is for other topics not associated with crossbows or crossbow hunting.
taz3

A Sad Way To Learn The Truth

Post by taz3 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:46 pm

As some may know Toronto suffered the loss of 10 innocent people at the hands of someone who had no regard for others, by running them down on the sidewalk with a rented van. :(

I'll first offer my deepest sympathies to all who have suffered a loss during this most challenging time. :eusa-pray:

Now to set the record straight. As most people do, I also frequent other social media sites and often read about the bleeding hearts who go on and on about gun control, here and in the US. They somehow feel if you take guns away from the law biding folks, the criminals will follow suit. They can now see for themselves, those who are hell bent on taking lives will stop at nothing and use any tools at their disposal. I doubt they'll take the time to understand this, but I will be making anyone who says gun are the problem, aware of how guns are not the problem irresponsible people are. What a sad way to prove to the ignorant how it really is! :eusa-hand:
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting

janesy

Re: A Sad Way To Learn The Truth

Post by janesy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:54 pm

I might add, and I am very pro gun, that that man was taken down without the use of a firearm or further violence for that matter. That police officer deserves some serious credit.

I fear that as a society, we will not learn from any of the lesson we were taught yesterday.

Now with my mature thoughts out of the way. I hope they beat the crap out of him repeatedly for rhe rest of his life
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
Micro 315 fully jambed!

It so hard to choose... Just get one of everything.

colouredchameleon
Location: The Land of the Greatest Crossbow Made - Excalibur's Canada

Post by colouredchameleon » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:50 pm

janesy wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:54 pm
I might add, and I am very pro gun, that that man was taken down without the use of a firearm or further violence for that matter. That police officer deserves some serious credit.

I fear that as a society, we will not learn from any of the lesson we were taught yesterday.

Now with my mature thoughts out of the way. I hope they beat the crap out of him repeatedly for rhe rest of his life
Agree with your last two statements .

However I have concerns about the police officer actions.
Watching the video of the police officer take down it is clear that people were in harms way and the situation could have went very very wrong in the blink of an eye. Especially considering the wacko's behaviour at the time and what he had just done.
I am sure the general public outcry would have been quite the opposite without a doubt if more people including the officer would have been killed or injured.
As far as I am concerned once the wacko reach inside his coat and even started the jester to shot at the officer as he did it should have been game over.
Some may see this as cold hearted but the officer's and public's safety needs to be the first priority at all times " rights of the Wacko be damned"
I just hope police officers are not starting to error in their judgement putting themselves and others in further harms way in order to be seen as politically correct.
I am sure there are many situations when hesitation by the police officer to act with lethal force is the right choice.

Not sure if this was one of those times considering the circumstances.

But then again I was not there and maybe the the officer had more information to go on than the live video suggests.
I conceded to the officer's judgement and support his actions however at the same time am concerned that second guessing the consequences of justifiable use of lethal force has creeped into the split second decision making needed in this type of situation resulting in furtther deadly consequences due to a fear of PC Media Backlash.

CC

janesy

Post by janesy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:35 pm

colouredchameleon wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:50 pm
janesy wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:54 pm

Agree with your last two statements .

However I have concerns about the police officer actions.
Watching the video of the police officer take down it is clear that people were in harms way and the situation could have went very very wrong in the blink of an eye. Especially considering the wacko's behaviour at the time and what he had just done.
I am sure the general public outcry would have been quite the opposite without a doubt if more people including the officer would have been killed or injured.
As far as I am concerned once the wacko reach inside his coat and even started the jester to shot at the officer as he did it should have been game over.
Some may see this as cold hearted but the officer's and public's safety needs to be the first priority at all times " rights of the Wacko be damned"
I just hope police officers are not starting to error in their judgement putting themselves and others in further harms way in order to be seen as politically correct.
I am sure there are many situations when hesitation by the police officer to act with lethal force is the right choice.

Not sure if this was one of those times considering the circumstances.

But then again I was not there and maybe the the officer had more information to go on than the live video suggests.
I conceded to the officer's judgement and support his actions however at the same time am concerned that second guessing the consequences of justifiable use of lethal force has creeped into the split second decision making needed in this type of situation resulting in furtther deadly consequences due to a fear of PC Media Backlash.

CC
I respect that, and quite often this is probably the case. However, as you can see in the video. The officer clearly assesses this situation and as soon as the nightstick comes out he is undoubtedly in total control.
He now gets to live his life as a hero with no blood on his hands. Sometimes cooler heads and clear thinking really does prevail.
Further to that, they now get to question him, instead of rely on facebook and CNN to tell the cops what he was "thinking"

Respectfully of course CC.

Chris
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
Micro 315 fully jambed!

It so hard to choose... Just get one of everything.

xcaliber

Post by xcaliber » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:44 pm

Sad indeed for the victims. I agree on the gun control issue, now are they going to make you submit a mental evaluation to rent a van? If somebody has criminal intent, they will find a way to carry it out unfortunately. Prayers for the victims, and their families. Nothing for the culprit in this case, just hope justice is swift, and severe!

Dan
Matrix 330 (Xylia) Bushnell Trophy XLT / Single Stage Trigger Tech
Kodabow Scout (Karma) MFO Tagged Out Sights.
Micro 355 (Jinx) Nikon Bolt XR. TT Single Stage, Munch Mount
Matrix 380 (Max) Leupold Crossbones

colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:35 pm

xcaliber wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:44 pm
Sad indeed for the victims. I agree on the gun control issue, now are they going to make you submit a mental evaluation to rent a van? If somebody has criminal intent, they will find a way to carry it out unfortunately. Prayers for the victims, and their families. Nothing for the culprit in this case, just hope justice is swift, and severe!

Dan
Unfortinately NO Death Penalty here in Canada.
10 first degree murder charges is Life in prison.
:thumbdown:

colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:36 pm

xcaliber wrote:

Dan
Unfortinately NO Death Penalty here in Canada.
10 first degree murder charges is Life in prison.
:thumbdown:

taz3

Post by taz3 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:38 pm

xcaliber wrote:

Dan
The most frustrating thing about this is he was recently enlisted in our military. He did leave as per his own request after a few weeks, but when I enlisted, I was surprised how much background info they wanted about my family history in reference to mental illness. How do these people slip the cracks or are they looking for a scape goat, to justify his actions? There is no need for a trial either, he was caught in the act and is therefore guilty.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting

Mashstalker

Post by Mashstalker » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:42 pm

Since joining this site I've learned (but maybe I'm wrong) that Canada is going the way that we are in the states, liberal propaganda and anti gun retorhic. We here in the US are sheltered to what's going on in the north and I'm interested because all celebrities said they were moving there if Trump was elected but it seems we feel the same about things politically, are your gun right being challenged daily? Can you carry concealed without permit? Do CFL player kneel at the anthem Lol? I'm truly saddened by the events that happened, terrorism is affecting both our countries and must be stopped at all costs

mikej

Post by mikej » Tue May 15, 2018 2:04 pm

Unfortunately you can’t base your comparison just off this site we are only a small portion of the population , I would say cabadavisceven more liberal and anti gun than the us is overall , we’re the minority on this site
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective