evening hunt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

terry-1

evening hunt

Post by terry-1 »

On the evening of the Nov 12 I desided to hunt this feeder site which also has one of my trail cameras on it. When I pulled the camera yesterday to check the pictures and had a chance to see the bucks I passed up on that evening which is pretty cool. The hunt went like this about 3:00pm in the afternoon I climbed into the stand just above the camera and about 15ft high loaded up my Exocet and hung it on a tree step to my right. Not much happened other than a few birds and crows hanging out around me for about a hour. About 4pm I saw a group of doe's passing about 50 yards from me never coming into my stand area. Just about 5pm I heard a deer approching through some thick brush so I grabbed my Exocet. As the deer came closer I noticed it was a 2 year old 8pt and only haveing one buck tag left for the season I deside to let him pass. He stayed and ate some corn and rubbed a few trees while the camera took his picture. Soon after he left I spotted a small buck approching the site and he walked right in and started to smell around when the camera flashed this time as light was fadeing some about 45minutes before dark. He through his head up and looked right at the camera. He walked right up to it and stayed for several minutes smelling and licking it. It flashed again about 5 minutes later as he stood right in front of it. He blinked his eyes and started licking it some more.It was pretty fun to watch as I normally flip the on/off switch on the camera when I hunt just to be safe that it does not spook any deer when I am hunting a camera site. Anyway I never shot a arrow that eveing but saw a few deer and got out of working so I rate it as a great evening out hunting.Here are the two buck pics from that evening. Image Image
A.W

Post by A.W »

Nice pics. Sounds like you had a good time watching these guys. :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

I'd say that's some great entertainment!... 8)
Ontario Trophy Bucks
wabi

Post by wabi »

That 8-pointer would have been tempting :wink:
Looks like you have some osage orange trees there!
wabi
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

nice pics
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
huntman

Post by huntman »

That's really cool.... kinda suprised the camera did not spoke the deer much! Something to thnik about the next time i put my camera out
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Wabi there is plenty of them osage orange trees around oklahoma....dame hard wood thats for sure....folk use to use it for fence post.. the bugs wont eat it and it last forever..

I wish i could see a 8 like that..........good pics T
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

Great photos.....I passed a 6 point about like that one this morning......sure was fun to watch him at less than 10 yards!!

Good job passing the 8.....they never get big if you shoot them when they are that size.......