Bunny huggers chasing the deer away

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

I would have to agree that the hotwire fence will not deter deer at all. We run them on our property all around both pasture and have even had to replace some of the ribbon type that the deer have run through. The snapping will not keep them away, believe me, they actually get quite curious by nature and will come in to see what it is all about.
And also fencers have come a long ways, and some will drop a buffalo to its knees, and YES it is all legal-up to 14 joules of power, and man, you do not want to touch that.
I would say don't worry about the neighbour, but when you do harvest a deer, politely go over and knock on his door and offer him a nice venison roast :twisted:
Mike
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Do you pay taxes?? I know a silly question. Did you purchase a hunting licence this year? I know another silly question.

If you did CALL the MNR. You have already paid for their services, now use them!! Find out from them. Inform them of what has taken place. Let them investigate it. that is their JOB!!!
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Beaver

Post by Beaver »

I don't have the equipment to post a non digital picture(photograph) but, I have some really nice pictures of from 4 to 8 deer in my vegetable garden :oops: which is completely surrounded by a double wire electric fence. :shock: It pops and cracks as they knock things into it. :x They have no trouble jumping it, as it were, flat footed and the top wire is about 5 1/2 feet
I never was as good as I used to be.
WAB

Post by WAB »

The farm that I hunt has cattle on it. The farmer has an electric fence around the grassing area and I have seen many times the deer come out of the thickets, jump the electric fence and continue on. It has been my experience that they get use to it and treat them like any other fence or obstical.
Don

Post by Don »

Check to see if the posts are on the neighbors property or yours. If they are on yours you can have them removed after you have informed the police that someone has put a fence on your property. All electric fencing will have a snapping sound to it especially if the fence is not brand new sort of like an electric shorting sound. You can also put a wood post between the electric fence post and the tree and push it until the electric fence is no longer touching the tree. The authoriies would not be too happy to hear about electric fence touching trees as this is a fire hazard, electricity and dry wood equals a forest fire you know. And if the fence is at 6 feet in places there is no need for that there is not a domestic animal in the world that can jump a regular fence that high so he is definately trying to impede your hunt and the MNR will take care of that in short order if you call them.

Good luck,
Don :lol:
Mighty Mooser

Post by Mighty Mooser »

It would be hard to prove he is doing it on purpose, and it would be equally hard to prove the deer nocked the freaking fence down too!!!
When you whack them you better stack them!!!
chest95

Details

Post by chest95 »

Tom wrote: This I believe is to make it difficult for children or pets to be harmed if they accidently come into contact.
Can you PM me with more details? thanks. :D
rtcdir

Post by rtcdir »

Don’t vandalize his fence then you become like him. The exception would be if his fence is actually over on your property, then you’d have the right to remove it.
Joe Chandu-Lall

Post by Joe Chandu-Lall »

The electric fence has little to no effect on deer. I grew up in Odessa, On and we had a medium size sheep farm using electric fence to control and contain the sheep. Electric fence by nature always grounds out and makes that snapping noise. Especially when weeds or grass grows up or it is wet out. But we always say deer around and if fact a few times the deer jumped the 4 foot high fence to eat the hay.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

A little trivia, adult deer can jump up to, and over a 8 foot fence.

Grey Owl