New or Used

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hipwader

New or Used

Post by Hipwader »

I'm about to jump into the art of crossbow hunting after many years of toting a rifle through the bush and was wondering if I should buy all new equipment or attempt to find good used equipment. Any info would be appreciated. Hipwader
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

If you are looking at an Excalibur, then new or used is not a big deal. They are excellent bows which hold their resale value extremely well.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

As with anything used there is a certain risk involved. Most on this forum have been happy with their used purchases.

I bought new. I was happy with my purchase.

It's up to you. Either way Excal stands behind their products!!
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
jay73

Post by jay73 »

Hipwader, I bought a new Exocet back in 1999 or so, it was highly reccommended to me by a friend. Mind you I didn't seriously hunt with it until the last few years.

This past summer I found a deal on an old used Excal. Wolverine. I think it is close, or older than 10 years. Well the bow still kicks ass. Aside from a new set of bolts I want to pick up for it, I'm lovin it. I would never consider selling it, unless I was extremely desperate for cash.

Good luck finding one, either way, you wont be dissapointed. :D
150 lb Wolverine
165 lb Exocet
175 lb Phoenix
Hipwader

Thanks

Post by Hipwader »

Most definately looking at an Excalibur, every crossbow hunter that I know uses Excalibur. I'm finding that once you start watching forums, Ebay and various classifieds it becomes frigging addicting, kicking myself in the ass after missing the $350.00 Phoenix on Ebay. Thanks for the info and if you hear of any deals on new or used, keep me in mind. Once again thanks gang.
Hipwader