CROSSBOW SHOOT - LET'S MAKE THIS ONE A REALITY!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

CROSSBOW SHOOT - LET'S MAKE THIS ONE A REALITY!!!

Post by wabi »

The Shawnee Outdoorsmen would like to sponsor another crossbow shoot in 2006. We are presently in the discussion stage only, but a time period of July or August seem probable. We would like to make this event available to any and all crossbow shooters and/or hunters. We will probably use ACF shooting rules for a 30 target course and a 2-day event. We are also working on setting up a 15 target practice course on our club grounds, and when construction is complete it would offer a great way to practice and meet fellow shooters if you wanted to attend the shoot and arrive early or stay late.
With expanding hunting seasons, and growing interest in crossbow hunting in more and more states and provinces, it would be nice to set an example for doubters that the crossbow is no more and/or no less a viable method of launching arrows than any other type of bow. I would hope interest and a strong turnout for this shoot would serve to show other clubs and archers that the crossbow is here, the crossbow is archery, and the crossbow is a great way for kids, seniors, and physically challenged enthusiasts as well as able bodied participants to enjoy the sport!
I will post more information on the shoot as we progress with making it a reality, and I hope everyone will consider attending the event if at all possible. There are a lot of forum members I already consider good friends, sure would be nice to meet more of you in person!!!!!!
wabi
buckeye

Post by buckeye »

Sounds great Wabi. Like you I do hope a lot of members can attend.
BUCKEYE

A man who makes no mistakes usually doesn't make anything at all.
TYE

Post by TYE »

I'd be game if it was up here.
BryanOney

X-bow shoot

Post by BryanOney »

If you have it, I intend to be there.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I hope you have a great turnout!!!!!
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Sounds good.. count me in.

Give me a date so I can plan ahead and not get stuck on vacation again..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
BigUgly

Post by BigUgly »

I wish you all the best and hope you have a great response. Maybe some of the 85% let off crew will see that a crossbow is not cheating. :lol:
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

I'll keep an eye open for when the date firms up .... would be a cool trip !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
rtcdir

Post by rtcdir »

I live in west central Ohio but might make the trip. Let me know when and where and I might make it down.