Few setup questions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JeffOwens

Few setup questions

Post by JeffOwens »

I got the Exomax a few hours ago and put it together. I started to watch the video that came with it, but the only vcr we have in the house ate the tape and broke it in two. It was an old tv/vcr combo we have in the spam - everything else in the house has gone dvd.

Was any info on the tape that I will be missing out on that I may need to know, or was it a promotional type video?

I watched the videos on the website are they the same?

Also I have question about the string. The video on the website talks about how the string should line up with the line on the stock assembly. I have two lines, which do I use? The string as it is now is just about dead center between the two lines I have.

I have not shot it yet as it was too dark by the time I put it together. I did cock it once, to see how hard it was going to be to pull back.

Hopefully I will have some time this weekend to test it out properly!
JeffOwens

Post by JeffOwens »

nevermind on the string question - after some searching on here I found the answer.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Jeff,
The video is very informative, but the website clips should take care of getting enough information. I haven't watched the video that came with my latest Excalibur yet, but it's tough to get the VCR away from my 5 year old this close to Christmas.
wabi
Hipwader

Post by Hipwader »

Hey Jeff I was just wondering where you purchased your new Excal ?
Hipwader
PRB

Post by PRB »

I have dial up so I didnt look at all the links on the Excalibur site but it looks like all the same information thats on the video. You can email Excalibur or give them a call and ask for sure. Make sure you have that beloved rope cocker :D Good luck
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
JeffOwens

Post by JeffOwens »

Hipwader wrote:Hey Jeff I was just wondering where you purchased your new Excal ?
Hipwader
Cabela's - wish I hadn't though, found a few cheaper places after I ordered.
TYE

Post by TYE »

JeffOwens wrote:
Hipwader wrote:Hey Jeff I was just wondering where you purchased your new Excal ?
Hipwader
Cabela's - wish I hadn't though, found a few cheaper places after I ordered.
Oh well.... either way it's a good investment being an Excalibur. :)
JeffOwens

Post by JeffOwens »

Yeah, I wouldn't have saved that much $$ - everyone seems to be pretty close. But I like saving every last dollar I can!