4 Bucks Dec 1st to 9th

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

4 Bucks Dec 1st to 9th

Post by #16 »

It's been a while since I have logged in although I check in weekly. We have had a great season this year with the boys and I harvesting 3 mature Bucks all out of the same treestand over a 9 day period.
The deer were really rutted out and were nothing but skin and bone with the largest weighing 176lb.

My 10 point shot on Dec 1st

My middle sons 8 Point

My oldest sons 11 point and my buddys 9 point

Post by #16 »

Sorry about the size of the first 2 photos, for some reason Photobucket didn't resize them.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Very nice bucks, by anyone's standards. Most rifle hunters don't get bucks any bigger. I sure love that 11 pointer.

Grey Owl
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

Very Nice indeed!!!

Did you use any techniques to draw them out, ie calling rattleing, baiting, etc. Or did they just walk by?

Partikle
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

Congratulations to all of you. Great bucks.
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.

Post by #16 »

Partikle

They were all shot over bait, once the rut dies down I find thats the best way to see these bigger deer.
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

congrats, great pics and awesome bucks
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

#16 wrote:Partikle

They were all shot over bait, once the rut dies down I find thats the best way to see these bigger deer.
We've been putting out whole corn. My buddy lifted 7 deer yesterday afternoon after work on the way in to feed under our stand. But only does and fawns seem to come in to eat during daylight hours. The bucks stay away and seem to know something is not right.

What do you bait with?

Post by #16 »

Partikle

I have tried whole corn but it does not seem to work around here,what I bait with is called BEEF MIX [Mollases{sp} cracked corn,barley and oats]
I also use apples at the start of the season but very seldom see mature Bucks eating them.

Brad
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

#16 wrote:Partikle

I have tried whole corn but it does not seem to work around here,what I bait with is called BEEF MIX [Mollases{sp} cracked corn,barley and oats]
I also use apples at the start of the season but very seldom see mature Bucks eating them.

Brad
Where are you hunting? I'm out in Kanata/Dunrobin area and the whole corn works well, the deer know what it is and are use to eating it. We tried whole corn in Renfrew during the gun season and the deer out there did not touch it. I guess they did not know what it was. What time of day did you and your gang bag those bucks?

Nick
buckeye

Post by buckeye »

Those are some beautys. I hate when those bucks are all rutted out and only weigh 170 pounds or so. :wink:
BUCKEYE

A man who makes no mistakes usually doesn't make anything at all.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Sweeeeet bucks ! Congrat's
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
buckman

Post by buckman »

Great Bucks, my hats off to you.

Buckman :D :D
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Very nice indeed. Congratulations!!!!!!!
Doug the Slug

Post by Doug the Slug »

Congrats: Very nice deer.

Doug