New Crossbow Bowfishing Forum!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

WW - From another site ..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been talking to alot of people interested in bowfishing with crossbows and the owners of the largest bowfishing site has added a new bowfishing with crossbow forum.

http://www.bowfishusa.com/community/index.php

Check it out in the bowfishing forum. Also, I expressed the need to have crossbow entheusiasts welcomed in the bowfishing community, and got some great responses from the BAA leaders, including this from the president of the BAA.

"I personally don't care what people shoot as long as they are shootin fish with them. Or even deer for that matter if its legal and they want to shoot it, then have at it. Anyone shooting that shoots a crossbow is welcome around here."

Ronnie Cannon
BAA President

So, come on over and talk crossbows! Im pleased to see this support.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
shifty

Post by shifty »

Thats awsome Woody as I am an avid bow fisher myself. Been doing it for 17 yrs and love it. We make a trip to lake erie every year and have a one day fishing derby. 40lb carp are not unusuall and they really pull the boat around too.
ejoe

Post by ejoe »

There seems to be a growing interest in crossbow bowfishing, and some bowfishing Mfgrs are selling some bowfishing/crossbow accessories. Muzzy bowfishing now sells bowfishing bolts already set up with a cable.
Im the president of the Bowfishing Assoc. of Illinois, and never thought of bowfishing with a crossbow until a new member and his son came out to a shoot with a couple of vixen crossbows. Let me shoot them a few times and I was hooked. Im also the PR director for the Bowfishing Assoc. of America where we would like to invite any and all crossbow shooters out bowfishing with us....crossbow style! We have members all over the country who will be glad to take you out.
Anyone from Illinois just PM me and Ill set you up.
I just got my new Vixen ordered, and have a old PSE set up already.
Come on over to the crossbow bowfishing forum at www.bowfishusa.com lots of guys are asking questions there!
dsjones0415

Post by dsjones0415 »

I'm new to crossbows. I have an excalibur phoenix that I would like to set up for bowfishing. I'm having trouble finding the equipment and bolts. does anyone have any advise? I also have a barnett quad avi would it be a better choice for fishing?
mikej

Post by mikej »

dsjones0415 welcome to the forum
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

This is all good news, I've been trying to figure out how to put my zebco 888 on a vortex for awhile now, some one here will come up with something for sure, thanks Went to the site not there?

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers