Fred Bear F340 = Excalibur Paradox?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gerry45

Fred Bear F340 = Excalibur Paradox?

Post by gerry45 »

Hi everybody,

I am looking for informations. Can someone confirm this?

My dealer told me the Paradox was a great crossbow. He also said the whole front (limbs, wheels rope) of the Paradox was a contract with Fred bear.

I know it's an Excalibur forum, but why we never hear about Fred Bear crossbows even in other forums? Something i should know? Maybe it's now made in China?

Thanks!
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

I think it was a partnership between the two, but who knows. I'm sure Digger or Gary would know for sure. I dont see why anyone would want one, it is a zero let off bow, even though it's a compound, and just has wheels pins,cables, and a bunch of other things to go wrong. The excalibur exomax, with none of that and a rope cocker, will give you more speed, with less parts and about all that can go wrong is the string. Can't beat it. Just my 2cts. Butcher
If you always tell the truth, there is nothing to remember. Mark Twain
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Digger will be able to enlighten you. He has 1 or 2 of these.
Digger

Post by Digger »

Yup, this was a partnership between Bear/Jennings and Excalibur that produced the MaxPoint/Paradox. Though I have two paradoxs plus 4 Vixens, I like the speed of 340 fps with 175 lb draw and 410 gr head. I like this bow for larger game as bear, elk or moose.
Other than a new stock and stirrup the Bear 300 series looks like Bear used all the left over parts from Jennings when they stopped making the MaxPoint.
This is Bear's first entry into the xbow market so you wouldn't hear of their xbows.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity