Trigger adjustment

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Harry Crabtree

Post by Harry Crabtree »

Ok, learned something new. Will put gun lube on it instead. Thanks for the good advise guys.
I always get the last words at my house, "Yes Dear"
ch312

Post by ch312 »

i was looking at the trigger and it is possible to shorten the trigger travel required to fire the crossbow by deccreasing the sear engagement with shims but im not sure how safe it would be because theres alot more pressure on it than a guns...
Harry Crabtree

Post by Harry Crabtree »

Thx, then I'll just leave it be. Have my guns down to about 3-4lbs of trigger pull and not sure where the Exomax trigger is but it has to be more than that I'd think. Thx for the advice.
maple

Post by maple »

Remoil or g96 have been suggested as WD40 alternatives. Surely there is a "standard" high quality product used in the industry for lubrication of triggers. They've been around for a long time and so have gunsmiths! Any oil will attract dust and grit. So the thinner the layer of oil the better.

Does "The Marketing Dude" know? Does Bill T. have a preferred product? I'd trust either one of them.

Personally I'd not mess around with altering one myself. Even accessing it to clean it is tricky. No space to fit in mini Q-tips or anything. Want to void your warantee? Take apart the trigger.

Locksmiths use finely powdered graphite to make door lock mechanisms turn as smooth as a baby's bottom as it doesn't attract or hold crud. However, would it be a good or bad thing on trigger workings?

Maple
bj

Post by bj »

maple wrote: Does "The Marketing Dude" know? Does Bill T. have a preferred product? I'd trust either one of them.

Maple
yep !...check out your manual that came with the bow...
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

As you use it Harry Crabtree the trigger will get some what better, however the main thing is "225LBS" the trigger is holding back. Mine is still hard for me to shoot with out pulling left when I squeeze off the trigger :shock:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Harry Crabtree

Post by Harry Crabtree »

You're probably right. That 225lbs is an awful lot for the trigger to hold back and I guess I'll just have to get use to it. It's growing on me as I shoot it more. I'll forget about trying to adjust it. Thx again for all the ideas and comments. I'm going to south Alabama for the last week of this month and want to be ready with the Exomax to take a shot. My family owns a little over 1200 acres there of farmland and I have some shots I might can get in at the 20-40 yard range if I'm lucky. Thx again for the ideas.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

bttp
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.