Off Season

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Off Season

Post by #16 »

Lets hear what everyone does in the off season when your not playing with your Excals :D :D ( Golf, snowmobiling or maybe hockey EH)
I fish both summer and winter without much luck,seems I'm better at hunting than fishing :lol: :lol:
I also have a pack of beagle hounds that I run on snowshoe hare in the summer and gun hunt over in the winter. No music like hound music.

Brad
wickedandlazee

Post by wickedandlazee »

I have all the usual male failings :-

Gambling - absolute poker mad
Fishing
Shooting
Drinking and womanising
Soccer (for you americans!lol)

No surprise there i guess!!
May all your shots be clean ones and all your bucks big one :)

Barnett Quad 400
100gr Wasp hammerheads
150lb draw
2219 carbon fibre bolts
Boo

Post by Boo »

Shooting, working on the cottage, fishing, surfing the net and partying at the cottage.
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Fishing camp opens April 15th and we'll be ready right after Spring Gobbler season. Once a month Poker. And some Golf [ very little]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

R/C Helli's, fishing, camping, and of course nutten.... :twisted:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Rabbit hunting. Fishing. Shooting. Eating venison :D !

I've already started cutting shooting lanes for the fall. I've been scouting a bit. Still have my trail cam set out, along with corn.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

chris4570 wrote:Rabbit hunting. Fishing. Shooting. Eating venison :D !

I've already started cutting shooting lanes for the fall. I've been scouting a bit. Still have my trail cam set out, along with corn.
Chris,

Are you still getting pictures with your trail cam? I'm thinking about getting one now for next season. I'll be out clearing shooting lanes and scouting for next season this winter too.

Partikle
Mr. Dynamite

Post by Mr. Dynamite »

shed hunt in the spring and look for bucks in the summer

both are pretty hard to accomplish

chris--what kind of trail cam do you have?

does anyone have a camtrackker? they look to be the best on the market
Want to buy a K98 Mauser 8mm. If you have an old one sitting around someone brought back from the war please message me!
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

I do allot of fly fishing during the summer, but right now I am looking forward to going after some halibut in May. I also spend allot of time at the archery range practicing with my longbow for I enter allot of traditional competitions. It is a great way to meet new friends. :D
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

Im in school until June and then hopefully get an internship somewhere out west.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

Kenton wrote:Im in school until June and then hopefully get an internship somewhere out west.
What are you studying Kenton?
PRB

Post by PRB »

Besides going to regular work I'll be spending an excessive amount of time on our house project. When its done one of these years :oops: then I'll have more play time...I hope.
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

PARTICLE:

I wasn't getting any pics where I had it set up, so I moved it yesterday to an area with more concentrated deer sign. I also threw a bag of corn in front of it. I set it up pretty close, well actually in a bedding area used frequently during the winter months. I'm just trying to see who might be around(bucks).

The only problem with having a camera set out this time of year is the batteries don't last very long. I know I missed some pics because there were deer tracks in the snow in front of my camera, but the battery must have already died.

I figure now is the best time to start clearing shooting lanes, this gives the deer more than enough time to accept the changes. Plus there aren't any mosquitoes!!!!

MR.DYNAMITE: I have a Moultrie game cam. I can't remember what model it is. I got it from Lebarons for $230. Did my own camo paint job on it, and welded a locking cage that can be both screwed into the tree and chained.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

Partikle, Im studying "Forestry and Wildlife Management".
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

I do the usual... work,,surf the net,, work,geocaching,,some fishing , work,

This year I will be out doing some shed hunting, and a little more scouting and clearing some more shooting lanes.. And can't wait for Turkey hunting in the spring :wink:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife