Crossbow-only shop

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

maple

Crossbow-only shop

Post by maple »

Yesterday I went trout fishing with my buddy Bob. On the way we stopped in at Al's, west of Ottawa to buy minnows. It's at the corner of old Hwy 17 and the Galetta side road.

It used to be just a corner gas bar, but now they are one of the bigger Excalibur dealers in Ontario, so they say, and I believe it. They have all the goodies I've seen here in the city and more. Interestingly, they only sell Excaliburs, crossbows, that's all I saw, and no vert bows at all. The sales-guy said verts are too much trouble, I didn't need to have him explain that, and apparently they sell a lot of bows. They have camo, blinds, arrows, heads, and all the accessories. I musta spent way too much valuable fishing time there, cause Bob went out and sat in the truck.

I didn't buy anything, but I'll be back when I get the bug again.

P.S. Didn't get a bite all day.
Maple
exocet

Post by exocet »

A Crossbow only shop would be awsome!! We have alot of Bow only shops here in Pennsylvania, but not a Crossbow only shop that I know of, but some of the shop owners lean towards the crossbows, as the one where I am buying my Exocet :D Jack.
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

I've heard of that place from a few guys over the years. The bow sales were just a side business for him but I guess business must be booming. How were his prices?
exocet

Post by exocet »

I don`t know about prices up in Canada and elswhere, but I am going to ne paying $399.60(US Dollar) for a new Exocet. Is that a good price? Jack.
bj

Post by bj »

exocet wrote:I don`t know about prices up in Canada and elswhere, but I am going to ne paying $399.60(US Dollar) for a new Exocet. Is that a good price? Jack.
is this an exocet 175 or new 200 # bow?...just curious...if it's a 200, then it's one heck of a deal.....
exocet

Post by exocet »

It is the Exocet 200. I can`t wait!! Jack.
maple

Post by maple »

Partikle,

Can't say what his prices are like. I haven't been in the market for a bow for quite some time, so I haven't been keeping track.

While I was there I did pick up a couple of fishing lures for a very reasonable price.

Maple
warpipe

More than crossbows.

Post by warpipe »

Al's corner store also sell's muzzleloaders (Rossi,Traditons) and can order just about any kind of firearm or related item's you may be interested in. Although the inventory space is limited they're quick to get anything you order. I bought my crossbow there plus a pile of accessories and after shopping around this was the best place to deal. Al uses a lot of these products himself in the field so the B.S. is limited.