Bill T and Kath in Mexico

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

big dog

Bill T and Kath in Mexico

Post by big dog »

I was watching the men's channel and on Mojo outdoors I seen Bill and Kath hunting whitetail and havelina in mexico-did anyone else see this they killed some nice deer and a bunch of the little pigs-Iwas wondering if anyone knew what model's they were using?The crossbow Bill was using had a different kind of limb silencer's on it,unless I wasn't seeing it properly-any comments?Congratulations Bill and Kath that was some great crossbow hunting footage.
big dog
I finally met Mrs.right-only I didn't know her first name was alway's
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

They will repeat it on Hunting Across America on the Outdoor Channel on Friday at 11:30 PM and Sunday at 6:30 PM. I haven't seen the program yet, but I was there for the play!
big dog

Post by big dog »

It sure looked like you both were having a ball-stalking those havelina-you could see the pass thru in the dirt and sand when the bolt was shot-what bows were you shooting?Anyway thanks for the hunting footage and the great crossbows,excal forever!!!
big dog
I finally met Mrs.right-only I didn't know her first name was alway's
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

I was using a Max and Kath had an Exocet 200. The Javelina were a blast to hunt! I need to see the show yet myself, I hope to catch it on Friday.
speedball

Post by speedball »

Bill T, do you prefer shooting the Max or is that just what you brought on that hunt???, also What is your opinion on the 200 lb limit in Ohio? I'd love to buy the Max but i cant justify the purchase cause i cant hunt with it in Ohio, Thanx speedball........
gone huntin never to return................
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

I use a Max simply because I'm used to it. In my opinion there isn't a lot of real advantage over the E200 but where I hunt it's legal, and who knows, maybe I'll need the extra smoke one day!
The 200 lb max law in Ohio and Pa is kinda stupid in my opinion. First off, given normal manufacturing tolerances it's safe to say that 50% of the 200 lb crossbows out there are illegal in those states, and second, no game warden is equipped to check crossbow draw weight so how can it be enforced?
Just my opinion.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

[Javelina were a blast to hunt!

I know what you mean Bill, so are Wild Boar, no matter if their running wild or in a captivated farm.

Like I've always said, " Some people go to Safeway to buy their meat, I prefer to shoot my own. "

Grey Owl
speedball

Post by speedball »

Bill T, thank you for being frank with your answer i will make that choice on my own about the max, its great to have personal answers from the owner i have nothing but good to say about you and your products, thank you sir, speedball..... :D :D :D
gone huntin never to return................
Masterhunter

Post by Masterhunter »

Saw it also, great show. I agree your Xbow was much quieter than your wifes. What made the difference? Also saw you on Ted Nugents show the other night. He is the man isn't he?
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

The sound thing was just a matter of the way the camera picked up the noise, actually they are pretty close.
BigBear

Post by BigBear »

I saw the show last night, and it was great!..I also taped it as well...Congrats Bill & kath 8)
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
JCB

Post by JCB »

Bill T.:

So, besides the dissipater pads--what can you put on an Excalibur Exomax to make it more quiet without losing more than 20 fps?

Bill: What do you use on your Exomax strings?
Archery Season is so long--I had to buy a Crossbow!
Digger

Post by Digger »

You could install a custom stock on your Excal, it quiets my bows down quite a bit.

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity