Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hikerman

shafts

Post by hikerman »

Just woundering what is the preferance?
Cabon or Alu, 2213, 2216, 2219?
huntman

Post by huntman »

Well the biggest difference is their weight.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I have shot 2117's and 2216's forever. They have been great for hunting and 3d. I shot 2216's in my vertical bow and would cut down any bent or damaged shafts for the crossbow if I could cut themto 20 inches.

This fall I started shooting Beeman Thunderbolts the seem to shoot the same as my 2216's. The nicest part with them is they are either straight or broken.
JCB

Post by JCB »

How about the Gold Tip Laser II Carbon 22's that come with the Excalibur "Right Stuff" package--anyone have any experience with them?

Are they tough enough to last?

I have had two heads (field tip and Wasp Boss) pop out of them. But I guess I was just shooting too close to the target. (20 yards)
Archery Season is so long--I had to buy a Crossbow!
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

The Gold Tips are a great shaft as well. Have been shooting Gold Tips from my vertical bows for a number of years now. The Gold Tip shafts are a bit lighter than the Beeman thunderbolts.

The field point and broad head should not pop out. When the inserts are installed ( epoxied into place ) there may have been a fine layer of carbon dust inside the shaft. This would cause a poor bond. I generally give the inside a swab with MEK or a bit of laquer thinner, dry , then install the insert.
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

Are the carbin 22 worth the extra cashs? I know they are strong, but how do the alu's hold up. What are the beeman thunderblots?