Broadheads for Hogs

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Deergetter

Broadheads for Hogs

Post by Deergetter »

Been using 125gr. Rocket Steel Mechanicals on Deer and have been happy with them.

But getting ready to go Hog hunting,thinking about using fixed blade broadheads.Far as I know I might not be able to use Mechanicals where I'm going.

But what I'm wanting to know is what kind of fixed blade would you recommend?

Deergetter
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

I've nailed two hogs so far Deergetter, with 100 gr. Slick Tricks. Their a bit expensive, but had complete pass throughs.

Grey Owl
ted

Post by ted »

Have you considered the Razorcaps? Three blade, cut on contact type head. It holds up very well, flies very well from my compound bow, and does a very good job of bringing down a game animal.

Ted
North2South

Post by North2South »

I have shot a couple dozen hogs with 100 gr. Slick Tricks and my trusty Wolverine. Only 1 got stuck...and that was a shot that broken through a rib on the back and got stuck in the sternum (breastbone) on the way out...of a 250 lb. boar. Crazy thing is, since it went right between the lungs and missed the heart, the hog lived a couple of days. A friend saw it with the arrow sticking out 2 days later...approached it and it ran off. A couple days later I found it by tracking the vultures.

Slick Tricks are the way to go in my estimation!
You can take the boy South...
But y'all can't take the North outta him!

Time spent in the tree...is time well spent!
speedball

Post by speedball »

:D SLICK TRICKS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!
gone huntin never to return................