offseason pratice

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

htoler

offseason pratice

Post by htoler »

How often do you pratice in the offseason, ?? I am trying to get out and pratice at least once a week would like to get out more but it is hard with work and a little one..
ExCalibur ExoCet 200
Tenpoint ProElite
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

I made some targets, but I can only practise there unit the end of hunting season, I have only went once so far. I have kids myself and don't think I will be able to practise much. I might join a shooting rang but I am not sure if they will let crossbows shoot at there 3-d range, but still time always a problem.
Big John

practice

Post by Big John »

Hi htoler:

Right now its relax and family, as well as maintenance on hunting gear.
From May to July is Target practice at the bow range and the gun range.
Hunting for me starts at aug. 15 for Bear, then evertything else follows.
Usually practice every weekend to every other weekend during those months.

John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
rutman

Post by rutman »

I sight in prior to the season and check on it through out periodically. The xbow does the rest. I personally spend more time on deer research and stand placement in the off season, and even during the season.
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
BigBear

Post by BigBear »

I do some shooting in the basement, and also like to get to the range atleast 1 time a month during the off season, and do some 3-D shooting with the boys :D...I also carry my range finder with me, and try to estimate the yardage myself, before i use it..I find that this helps..BB
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
GA.crossbowhunt

Post by GA.crossbowhunt »

not as much as i need to. still got to site ming after changing scopes from last year. maybe i will do that thiss week if the weather holds out.
Programmer

offseason pratice

Post by Programmer »

I practice a couple times a week in my basement. I can shoot up to 19 yards. I have one heavy arrow ( gold tip 438 grains ) that I shoot from a sand bag just to verify that my vari-zone scope is still on. I shoot this arrow at a red sticker dot that is 1/4" across. Next I shoot offhand two hunting arrows with field tips at red sticker dots that are the same size as a penny. I usually hit one out of two. I shoot the ExoMax, this is my first crossbow and I love it.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

I'll try get out and practice at least once every two weeks. Now that I have 2 xbows, (exomag and vixen) my 13 years old son can come with me. I get a membership at a near by military base, for $50.00 a year. It sits in an abondoned curling rink, across from the Military Police office. I can get the keys from them 24 hours/ 7days a week. Its nice to be able to go back as far as 50 yards to shoot.

I'll be going for Wild Boar again this spring, soon as my deer, bison meat gets low.

Grey Owl
PRB

Post by PRB »

rutman wrote:I sight in prior to the season and check on it through out periodically. The xbow does the rest. I personally spend more time on deer research and stand placement in the off season, and even during the season.
Im with rutman. I do get it out as much as possible though if there is extra time :wink: .
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

Probably not as much as I should. At least a couple of times a month. I can shoot up to 39 yards off my rear deck. What helps me to practice I think is building my own bolts and seeing how they shoot. It's fun with a range finder and a chronagraph. Only got my vixen last Feb, my first Xbow and no success last season with it, still waiting on that perfect shot.