How many years ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Tom wrote:
PRB wrote:......Wow Tom :shock: do you by chance still ahve that same original Relayer ? And if so how does it shoot ?
Yes I still have the Relayer. Even though I have been told not to shoot it as it is a collector's item, it is the bow I still use and shoot today. It is as accurate today as the day I shot it at Bill's farm when I picked it up. On that day, Kathy showed how good she was with an Excalibur. From their large 6 target arrow stop, Kathy showed me that you do not shoot more than one arrow at a target at the same time.
Now whom would av told ya story like that eh :?: :twisted: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Tom

Post by Tom »

GaryL wrote:..........Now whom would av told ya story like that eh :?: :twisted: :wink:
Yes GaryL you did mention something like that to me. You even tried to pry my Relayer out of my hands, but you quickly realized that it would have been easier to kill me then get me to let it go :lol: :lol: :lol: . Actually there was more than you to tell me that. Dan also told me that at the Excalibur open house when I took it there. The trouble is, if anything ever happens to the one piece limb, the bow would be toast. Excalibur used the limb from Astro Daco in the very biginning until they went out of business. That was when they came up with the wolverine with the two limbs and riser.

I only have the relayer but my father has had many different excaliburs. The reason I still use this bow is that you can't beat its accuracy, only match what it can do. After 20 plus years with this bow, I did not want to have to learn a new arrow tajectory like I would need to with a new bow.

And NO GARY this bow ......... you can't get it lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

That's OK tom I will get off the fact you will not sell me the RELAYER, but look at how you are hurting me :roll:
Image Sure hope you can handle my HURT FEELINGS :twisted: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Tom

Post by Tom »

Gary I a not trying to hurt your feelings BUT I am just trying to save you from your adiction. You have tooo many crossbows now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Wait ........ can you ever have too many crossbows .......... well that is my story and I am sticking to it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tom
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Image Thanks Tom :twisted: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

C'mon guys get a room !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grey Owl
rutman

Post by rutman »

I know where there's a relayer, my brother in law has it. If it looks like a prototype for a wolverine with natural wood. What's one worth? The guy doesn't even look at it anymore. Let me know!
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
Tom

Post by Tom »

rutman it depends on the condition of the bow. I believe that few were made, BillT could tell the exact number and some were even made with different wood for stocks. Mine was made from cherry and is in great shape. Those model limbs are the weak point of the bow.

http://ca.msnusers.com/GrumpysHuntingPa ... PhotoID=18

I do not know what happened, but I can't download the pic from MSN but that is my Relayer. Now lets try to get this topic back on track :lol: :lol: .
Tom
Digger

Post by Digger »

Tom & rutman here you are. Its still a good looking bow Tom. My MSN doesn't download any more either, went to Photobucket.

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Long bows/recruves started in 1958, xbows first one 78 so about 20 years with xbow off and on :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
exocet

Post by exocet »

00000000000000 I am getting my first Crossbow(excalibur exocet) this Spring/Summer, I am so excited!! Jack.
doegirl

Post by doegirl »

Vertical 7 yrs, xbow (hunting with one) 8 months. Comparing to some of you'all, I'm a definite noobie :P
"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
-Thomas Jefferson
rutman

Post by rutman »

Thank's Tom
That is the same as the one my brother in law has. I don't think his has any camo on it though. What do you think a mint condition one that probably only had 20 shots out of it would be worth? It also has never been scoped.
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
ted

Post by ted »

Honestly, I have yet to buy a crossbow, though this may be the year. Spinal arthritis combined with a bum shoulder is making it more and more difficult to shoot my compounds. However, I have been hunting since the age of 12, I am 53 now, and started shooting a bow even earlier than that. That's a lot of years hunting, and since I am not yet ready to give it up, there may well be a crossbow in my future. Even then, I will probably continue shooting my compounds when I can, even if it is only for 3d shooting.

Ted
PRB

Post by PRB »

ttt
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!