Abusing Disabled individuals

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rutman

Abusing Disabled individuals

Post by rutman »

Last spring myself and a few friends started to turkey hunt. There is alot of private land that we hunt for deer on, thats also loaded with turkey's. We ran into a bit of a problem on some of those same properties this spring. A local hunter has a disabled friend that he takes hunting. He approaches numerous landowners and tells them about his disabled friend. All said and done he walks away with SOLE PERMISSION. Even though they may not even hunt on these farms for months or even years. I am not a fan of guiding for the same reason. They always want sole permission to ensure a harvest whenever they decide to take a Client to the location. PAY TO HUNT SUCKS, and I believe that what this guy is doing is equally as bad! Don't get me wrong, it's awesome that anyone who is disabled can still get out and enjoy the outdoor sports that I know and love.
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

This is one of those deals where you need to hear both sides of the story. Sounds unfair on the surface though. I am 100% disabled and I never ask for sole permission, I really can not see why anyone would. I have never run into another hunter in the woods so far, and if I do I will just say hi and be happy to meet them.
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

By the Rut, I can not answer your PM for some reason. But I got it.
rutman

Post by rutman »

My private message was regarding your exomag. If you end up looking for something lighter, I do know lots of guys who would love your bow.
Thank's for the reply, I feel the same way about sharing properties and nature in general. I just don't understand the need to seek sole permission and remove evryone elses chances for happiness.
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
ch312

Post by ch312 »

the way i see it is a disabled person is no different from somone who is fully mobile except for the fact that they may use a different means of getting to and from their stands.

to me, those who are disabled are looked at the same way i look at someone who has full use of their whole body. neither should be put above the other.