trail cam question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

speedball

Post by speedball »

Globe Mountain, have you also considered the trail mac and the recon talon extreme, i dont know about trigger speed but on the recon i do like the infa-red flash and wide angle lens, i have noticed lately the flash on our 35mm cameras is spooking big bucks away[they walk behind the cameras and avoid them all together cause we think the flash or human scent on them is scaring them away], just curious what is your opinion on these to cameras,speedball........... :?
gone huntin never to return................
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I sent Moultrie an email with the same questions, this is they're response:"it is a digital camera and there is about a 2.5 second delay before
the camera will take a picture once the infrared sensor is triggered. Yes, a
low battery does effect the response of the camera. We recommend changing
the battery when it gets down to about 55%, therefore the best rout to go is
with rechargeable batteries. Try to have the camera no more that 12-15 feet
away from what you are trying to take a picture of."
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Tom

Post by Tom »

Chris I cam upon another post on another site dealing with slow response cameras and this was what was recomended for it.

Set the camera up on an angle so to catch the animal as they aproch. Give the camera more time by doing that to get the animal in it's range for a longer time.

Your pictures that you have shown look like the cam is set at 90 degrees to the trail. Anything close to the camera will not give the camera time to get a moving animal in the picture. Try just changing your angle of the camera to the aproach of the animals.

Hope you can understand this and that I have not confused you any more.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]