Quebec poachers caught in Alberta

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

They may not be interested normally in hunting related issues. However, it's one heck of a human interest story when people who are professing to be exemplary sportsmen appear to be involved in unethical and illegal activity that is directly related to their very own sport.

There are lots of anonymous tips offered to reporters. As long as what you offer has enough detail, it will prevent you from sounding like some mischievous crackpot. It will also make it easier to initiate an inquiry.

You don't have to put yourself at risk, if that's what you are getting at.....
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

Subject closed for Me.
Last edited by LeGrand on Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Newspaper reporters who aren't interested in hunting wouldn't likely visit forums like this one or any other hunting forum. It's too bad they aren't getting a "heads up" about this matter.

The situation has two stories.

One story is how some poachers got caught, and the good investigative work that led up to the charges.

The other story, of course, is WHO got caught, and how in their business, they would be expected to behave in a more exemplary manner.

The first story may have gotten told, but the second one seems to deserve more telling.
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

ttt
Last edited by LeGrand on Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

LeGrand

You and I certainly are not quarreling or even arguing. Maybe we just aren't fully understanding each other, that's all!!

The link you provided gives names of the people convicted. It also gives he city/town where they reside.

For me that means little. I am not familiar with those names. In fact I am not even familiar with the company that has been mentioned. That's because I live in Manitoba, I suppose. There may be a lot of people in Quebec and other places in Canada that are as ignorant as I am. That's why I was hoping that IF there was a connection between those people who were convicted and the company named, that this would get more public attention.

An anonymous call to some newspaper reporters would keep the story alive, it would cause more investigating of facts, and would cause publicity that goes beyond internet forums.
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

First I would like to thank those who provided the information on this topic. If the principals of the company mentioned are in fact involved in poaching animals then I would not purchase any of their products in the future. Unfortuneately, information linking the two seems to be hard to come by. At this point who can say for sure?
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

Definitely the Buck Expet crew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Individually, the convictions are:

Remi Poulin, Saint-Joseph-de-Beauce - fine total - $8250.00
1 count - unlawful possession of wildlife - 55(1) Wildlife Act - involving 2 mule deer
1 count - unlawful possession of wildlife - 55(1) Wildlife Act - involving 1 white-tail deer
1 count - waste edible flesh of big game - 41(1) Wildlife Act - involving 2 mule deer
1 count - waste edible flesh of big game - 41(1) Wildlife Act - involving 1 white-tail deer
1 count - obtain licence when ineligible - 15 Wildlife Act
1 count - transport animal taken in contravention of Prov Act across provincial borders - 7(2) WAPPRIITA

Bernard Métivier, Saint-Nicolas - fine total - $5000.00
1 count - unlawful possession of wildlife - 55(1) Wildlife Act - involving 2 mule deer
1 count - unlawful possession of wildlife - 55(1) Wildlife Act - involving 1 white-tail deer
1 count - waste edible flesh of big game - 41(1) Wildlife Act - involving 2 mule deer
1 count - waste edible flesh of big game - 41(1) Wildlife Act - involving 1 white-tail deer
1 count - transport animal taken in contravention of Prov Act across provincial borders - 7(2) WAPPRIITA

Yvon Poulin, St-Benjamin - fine total - $5750.00

Mario Pépin,St-Benjamin - fine total - $7000.00

Veronique Lévesque, St-Benjamin - fine total - $750.00

Messrs. Poulin, Poulin & Métivier were fined under the federal Wild Animal and Plant Protection and Regulation of International and Interprovincial Trade Act (WAPPRIITA) with regards to illegally hunting in Alberta in 2003 and transporting the antlers to another province. The individuals were hunting in Saskatchewan, then entered approximately 25 km into Alberta where they poached deer. They left the carcasses of poached deer to rot in contravention of provincial law. This is in addition to other charges to which they pleaded guilty in Saskatchewan, though I do not have the details.

Messrs Poulin and Pépin were found to have illegally obtained Alberta hunting licences. In Alberta, a non resident is required to use a guide while hunting, whereas a resident can host hunters from outside the province. The individuals in question had obtained other Alberta identification, even though they were not residents of that province, in order to then obtain Alberta resident hunting licences and "host" other out of province hunters. Ms Lévesque was one of those non-Alberta hunters who unlawfully obtained an Alberta "hosted" hunting licence.

hope this will help clear up some
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
Mooseplus

Post by Mooseplus »

This is in addition to other charges to which they pleaded guilty in Saskatchewan, though I do not have the details.

Anybody has an idea about those other charges?
bushmaster

Post by bushmaster »

According to the Provost News, only Remi, Yvon and Bernard were fined in Sask. ..... a total of $22,500.

Prior to posting this, I had never heard of Buck Experts, so the intent was not to roast or out anyone.

It's quite likely there is more than one Mario Pepin...but how many would have girlfriends named Veronique Levesque ??
(THE BLUE STAR)

Post by (THE BLUE STAR) »

Veronique Levesque is Mario Pepin` sister Not his girlfriend. Frederick
Frederick.. The Blue Star
Mooseplus

Post by Mooseplus »

(THE BLUE STAR) wrote:Veronique Levesque is Mario Pepin` sister Not his girlfriend. Frederick
Not sure about that... let me confirm.
Mooseplus

Post by Mooseplus »

Vero is the girl friend...
(THE BLUE STAR)

Vero is short for Veronique, Mario`s sister and also she is on the Pro staff for Buck expert. :D frederick
Mooseplus

Post by Mooseplus »

(THE BLUE STAR) wrote:Vero is short for Veronique, Mario`s sister and also she is on the Pro staff for Buck expert. :D frederick
Spoke to someone who is very close to Maryo's brother and I am told that Vero is the girlfriend.

Go to the French forums and no where, anyone refers to Vero as his siter. All say girlfriend, including people stating to know Maryo.
(THE BLUE STAR)

I was On the Buck expert Pro staff Four years back, When I worked for Pro Pack A Hunting and fishing store in Louiseville Quebec , I was the store manager back then . I ran into Mario Pepin at all the trade shows in Quebec, for the booking`s of hunting gear. Vero was and still is his sister. :D Frederick