Paradox

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DJ test

Paradox

Post by DJ test »

I would like to know how you people judge the Paradox.
I bought mine from Arrow Dynamics and Don recomended it.
He has since passed away from a disease caused by insulation exposure.
If it is not a good choice I would like to know if any other limbs will fit the stock I have.
Don't ever think I am after getting something back from excalibur as that is not the case.
I find it very easy to cock and the accuracy as far as I can see is second to none. But if it can be improvrd I would like to know.
I have shot a 42" Bull moose with it in 15B Thunder Bay and the animal traveled about 75 yds so I am not doubting its capabilities but as a dedicated hunter I want the best.
Any Flack GUYS??
BigBear

Re: Paradox

Post by BigBear »

Don Johnson wrote:I would like to know how you people judge the Paradox.
If it is not a good choice I would like to know if any other limbs will fit the stock I have.
Don't ever think I am after getting something back from excalibur as that is not the case.
I find it very easy to cock and the accuracy as far as I can see is second to none. But if it can be improvrd I would like to know.
I have shot a 42" Bull moose with it in 15B Thunder Bay and the animal traveled about 75 yds so I am not doubting its capabilities but as a dedicated hunter I want the best.
Any Flack GUYS??
The front end (riser and limbs) from any other excalibur would fit your rail mount, just like the rest of the line 8) ...hope this helps..BB
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
TYE

Post by TYE »

Don, personally, if I were you I wouldn't change anything on that crossbow. I would kill to have a Paradox. Not literally, but you know what I mean. :lol:
LoneWolf

Re: Paradox

Post by LoneWolf »

Don Johnson wrote:I would like to know how you people judge the Paradox.
Any Flack GUYS??
In my opinion you have one of the best, if not the best compound crossbow available out-there. What I like about them is the 0% let-off. I've never had any problems with mine exept for a string and cable change once in 5 years, and I've been shooting/hunting with it for 5 years. If you really feel the need that you want a recurve, as was mentioned above you can purchase some limbs and riser to change it to a recurve. But if you are capable of purchasing a recurve model as a second crossbow, I'd say go for it.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

And LoneWolf knows for real. Stick with it or sell it to me, shucks maybe we can do some trading.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

GaryL wrote: maybe we can do some trading.
Now there's an idea!... :wink:

BTW, Gary I've taken the bear paws out of the freezer and I'll be taking the claws out either tonight or tomorrow. So I'll be sending them out to you soonish. Sorry for taking this long but I've been real busy these days!...

Sorry about temporarely highjacking your thread Don Johnson...
Ontario Trophy Bucks
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Quote LoneWolf in part "but I've been real busy these days!... " as most of us has been fer sure :D I tole ya!! No rush :wink: Thanks :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!