Youth stock for Excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TNhunterKMC

Youth stock for Excalibur

Post by TNhunterKMC »

I have an Exocet 200 and am wondering if there is a shorter stock (i.e. short length of pull) for it?
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Maybe the stock can be sent out to Excalibur and they may do some modifications on it for you. I know it was done for a little guy a couple of years ago which a bunch of us had chipped in for a bow for him so that he could go on a dream bear hunt. Now don't take my word for it, but maybe they would modify it.

Just a thought.
Last edited by LoneWolf on Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
Tom

Post by Tom »

A shorter stock will not give you a shorter length of draw. The length of draw is determined by the rail and front riser. All a shorter stock will do is give a better fit for people with shorter arms.

Hope this helps.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Yeah, I didn't read your post right and what Tom is saying is true.
What you'd have to do is down-grade to the Phoenix or Vixen.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Vixen, or go to a PointBlanc untill he gets use to it then beef it up or get a bigger xbow. The PointBlanc has a 11.5" draw length and as stock is 90LBS but mine is 115LBS now.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
TNhunterKMC

Post by TNhunterKMC »

Not wanting a shorter length of draw - just a short length of pull to make it easier for my son to shoot my crossbow.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

TNhunterKMC wrote:Not wanting a shorter length of draw - just a short length of pull to make it easier for my son to shoot my crossbow.
:? Either you want a shorter length of draw = pull to cock the xbow or you want a shorter stock ? Don't understand your question on length of pull.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Sorry for my ignorance TNhunter, but you've lost me!... :?
Ontario Trophy Bucks
PRB

Post by PRB »

TNhunterKMC wrote:Not wanting a shorter length of draw - just a short length of pull to make it easier for my son to shoot my crossbow.
I know exactly what your asking for. The only two ways that I can think of to accomplish this is by first shortening the rope cocker. So that you have to pull the string up to attach the second hook of the rope cocker to the string thus shorter length of pull.
The second is more complicated. But you could make the rope longer so that you dont pull the string at all to attach the hooks to the string and once in that position you could then scribe an indentation (just like the one where the rope sits behind the scope mount) in the stock just behind the raised cheek piece so you can pull the rope to the new scribed leverage point on the stock and then your lenght of pull will be shorter.
I know the second description is not very good but I use to have pictures to go with it and dont have them any more. Let me know and I will explain further but the first suggestion would probably be the best.
Good luck.
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
buckbuster

Post by buckbuster »

Does anyone in here use a bipod on their crossbow?
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

The shorter rope works best, if you make it longer you have more to pull. If you use a longer rope it will catch and hold just fine on the back of the stock I used to do it that way. The shorter rope aid is a lot better.

Better yet is the crankAroo.... :D

PS: PRB ya got that VIXEN covered up ? chilly nights are hard on'em :twisted:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Ahhh, now I get it!... :oops:
Ontario Trophy Bucks
Boo

Post by Boo »

length of pull is the distance between the trigger and the butt of the stock. The man is having trouble reaching the trigger like me. I have been thinking about cutting the stock in the middle but I cannot figure out how to join the two pieces back and still have the bow look good. The problem is that the stock is so thin and the butt does not allow a slice taken off for shortening. If I wear lots of clothing I can barely reach the trigger comfortably.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Boo wrote:length of pull is the distance between the trigger and the butt of the stock. The man is having trouble reaching the trigger like me. .
Thanks Boo. That's what I thought he was getting at in the fist place.
LoneWolf wrote:Maybe the stock can be sent out to Excalibur and they may do some modifications on it for you.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
Boo

Post by Boo »

If Excalibur would do that I think they would have many to do. Its the only thing I do not like. The length of pull is a bit generous and the butt is so thin it cannot be sliced to shorten it for us height challenged or short armed people. Other than that the Excalibur is without fault. I think I will try some bonding agents and cut the stock right at the edge of the butt piece and maybe reinforce the whole thing with rods at the top and bottom ribs. What do you guys think?