Wolverine or 185# Exomag

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

fatboy

Wolverine or 185# Exomag

Post by fatboy »

I currently own a wolverine, that I bought new and have killed a few deer with it. I'm thinking of buying a 185# exomag used but have never shot one. Any comments??
jay73

Post by jay73 »

Hey fatboy, welcome to the forum.

I have a wolverine as well as my 165 Exocet. I have taken a couple of deer with my Exocet. I have only owned a wolverine since last June and haven't shot anything live with it yet. Some on here are happy with their "old" bows. Ask Tom, as he shoots a Relayer, which is the model before the wolverine.

I think it's more personal preference. If you want a little newer, faster bow, then pick up the Mag. For deer, the wolverine would be all you need, but it comes down to what you want. I do know one thing, you should hang onto that wolverine. It could be worth something down the road.

I am going to try to take a deer with mine this year, so I can say it's broken in.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Jay
Camper

Post by Camper »

I have a 185lbs E-mag and I Chrono'd goldtip laser II's with a 100 grain tip at an average 325 - 327fps

I think if you have lead on a good deal for a 185 e-mag then go for it, you won't be dissapointed.

Camper
Time and Patience the best advice my Grandfather gave me.

Camper
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

If the price is right go for it (185lb) you can pick up about 5+ fps with magtip limbs on that wolverine. :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
fatboy

Post by fatboy »

Thanks for the info guys. Jay I was thinking of selling the wolverine. scope, case and arrows, any idea what it's worth, its in good shape, not excellent but good.

Camper, thanks for the chrony numbers, they sound real good.
jay73

Post by jay73 »

Fatboy, someone else could maybe back me up here, but if you're thinking of selling the Wolverine, I would guess between $350 - $450 would be decent.

To give you an example, I paid $350 Canadian for mine last June. It's in good shape and got scope, bolts, case, quiver, b-heads, f-points, xtra string. It came with the works. I think that was a great deal for me.

I'm sure if you really want to sell it, you could make a deal with someone from this forum. Bows for sale don't usually last long around here. :wink:

Good luck man,

Jay