Bolts questions...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sidekick

Bolts questions...

Post by sidekick »

forgive the stupid questions from the newbie.

Bolts come predominately in 20" and 22" lengths. I believe power stroke determines bolt length. Is this correct? if so, at what time would you use the longer bolts? I'm getting carbon shafts, but if I want to try alum. shafts what shafts would you recommend for the Exocet 200?
TCAA

Post by TCAA »

G'day Sidekick,

I would suggest that 2219 at 20" would be your best choice for the aluminium shaft.

Cheers

Neill
Digger

Re: Bolts questions...

Post by Digger »

sidekick wrote:forgive the stupid questions from the newbie.

Bolts come predominately in 20" and 22" lengths. I believe power stroke determines bolt length. Is this correct? if so, at what time would you use the longer bolts? I'm getting carbon shafts, but if I want to try alum. shafts what shafts would you recommend for the Exocet 200?
If your using an Excalibur xbow other than a Vixen, a 20" Gold Tip Laser ll shaft is good for speed, if your looking for more KE, a 20" Beman Thunderbolt and a brass insert will get more hitting power. Then top your choice off withyour favourite broadhead.
I like an 18" GTll shaft for my Vixens with a 100gr Slick Trick for a total of 325-330 gr.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
sidekick

Hey TCAA

Post by sidekick »

I'd be curious to know what kind of critters you hunt downunder. I have a new found interest in the land downunder. One of my sons is coming down there to play football (american style) this summer. After he gets back with all his tales of wild adventure, I may have to figure out a way to come down there. :) BTW...thanks for the info.
TCAA

Post by TCAA »

G'day Sidekick,

I hunt pig, goat and dingo at the moment. I havent tried deer yet but I will be heading off to a property in a months time that has chital deer.

If you ever do come to Australia let me know so I can organise a letter from the association to sponsor your application for the visitors licence.

Cheers

Neill
sidekick

Thanks,

Post by sidekick »

TCAA wrote:G'day Sidekick,

I hunt pig, goat and dingo at the moment. I havent tried deer yet but I will be heading off to a property in a months time that has chital deer.

If you ever do come to Australia let me know so I can organise a letter from the association to sponsor your application for the visitors licence.

Cheers

Neill
Thanks,
I'll be sure and keep that in mind. I can only afford to send one of us at a time. :) It's a pretty spendy trip down there.

Thanks again,
Ken
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

Hi guys , i shoot a Exocet 175# i use gold tip lazer11 20" carbons w/ brass inserts , i was told it is better for your bow to use brass inserts for a little weight, because with just aluminium inserts the bolts are a little to lite and its harder on your bow its kinda like dry fireing it with bows that shoot over 300 fps. foe me i need to keep my arrows down to 300 fps because i shoot in competitions and you cant be over 300 fps last time i got my bow cronyed it was about 298 299 fps .