CABELA'S

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

A.W

Post by A.W »

Kinda thought I was being picked on because I'm from Scotland. :shock:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
TYE

Post by TYE »

I have to agree with you on that one :) Each company, Tenpoint, Excalibur, Horton, etc. they all have their pro's and con's.

I do like Tenpoints anti dry-fire feature. :oops:
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

htoler :

I don't usally reply to this type of thread since everybody has their prefrence of xbow and .... " all the power to them " Have fun with your choice of hunting gear !

That said .... I find it hard to believe this was the response fron Cabela's ?

I mean .... a product dept. that can't even spell the product name right ? And sentence grammar that doesn't make sense ? Or maybe you just typed wrong when you quoted them ?

Part of the quote you posted :
Excaliber bows are a top choice among many. There are several bows that are top of the line anymore. I don't think the Excalibers are exclusively the best however no.
Bottom line ... There are a few quality crossbow manf. out there .... Cabela's usually sells quality products ( if a product gets negative feed back or performance it doesn't make it into the next years catalog and you can pick-up a bargan in the " return dept " part of the store .

It's a feather in Excaliburs cap to be selling thru Cabela's ..... Bill and Kath have come a long way from production of 100 bows in their " basement factory " .... to production and distrubution from their " state of the art " factory today .

Am I an " repeat Excalibur customer " .... yep ! .... I've owned every hunting model they made since the early 80's .... it's the quality and service that keeps me coming back !

Try one .... you will like it !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
htoler

Post by htoler »

So now I am a lier.. nice bunch you are here e-mail Cabellas your self

heres the entire e-mail I recieved from them..

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Please see the section below labeled "Discussion Thread" for a summary of your request and our response.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Please Note: If you wish to update this request or if you require additional information, you may reply to this message in the reply section. In order for a reply to be routed correctly, please ensure your reply is entered in the designated space below. (Text entered into any other part of this message will be systematically discarded and not reach the on-line support center.)

[===> Please enter your reply below this line <===]

[===> Please enter your reply above this line <===]

Subject
I just have a question .. Is it Cabelas opinion that the Excalibers are the b...

Discussion Thread
Hello and thanks for contacting Cabela's Product Information Department.

Excaliber bows are a top choice among many. There are several bows that are top of the line anymore. I don't think the Excalibers are exclusively the best however no.

We appreciate your interest in Cabela's and if we may be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks for using Cabelas.com Have a Great Day!

Sincerely,

Jeff
Customer 03/30/2006 09:11 AM
I just have a question ..

Is it Cabelas opinion that the Excalibers are the best crossbows on the market??

Thank You
Henry
Suggested solutions were displayed.

Question Reference #060330-013709
Date Created: 03/30/2006 09:11 AM
Last Updated: 03/30/2006 11:02 AM
Name: Henry Toler
Phone Number: 618-283-1348
Zip Code: 62471
Order Number: na

Jeff S.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.3.3/296 - Release Date: 3/29/2006
ExCalibur ExoCet 200
Tenpoint ProElite
TYE

Post by TYE »

Speaking of accuracy....

TYE

Post by TYE »

Dang, now I'm down one bolt. Gotta refletch the dang thing.
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

:roll: :roll:
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

TYE why are you shooting moon nocks on your bolts with an excaliber?
TYE

Post by TYE »

bait pile willie wrote:TYE why are you shooting moon nocks on your bolts with an excaliber?
I needed some new bolts one time, and I didn't have time to wait a couple days for them to do me up some bolts with flat nocks, so I bought the ones with moon nocks. No biggy, doesn't make a difference. They shoot just as accurate, no difference. I just have to make sure they're even on the string when I load them.
BOB7255KHZ

Post by BOB7255KHZ »

I'm so sorry I posted this thread, geeeeesh.
I drive a Toyota and a Nissan, they provide me good transportation. I am not bashing GM Ford Honda Volvo or any auto mfg, nor their dealers or their drivers. I'm also not bashing air travel, trains, submarines or ships at sea.

I like the color BLUE, you might like GREEN. I am not bashing any other color, race or creed. I am the best person I can be to my fellow man and to nature. I am your brother, I shake your hand.

I wear Hanes underwear, I am not bashing those who wear Fruit of the Loom, may it be those who wear boxers or pantyhose. Nor am I bashing the textile industry of woven goods of cotton, synthetic or polyester,

Some like blondes with blue eyes. Not bashing the green eyed beauty with brown hair.....we love em all.

Cabelas , like any fine sport center carry tons of fine bows.
There is no sign on the wall , no billboards outside , no PA loudspeaker broadcast`stating that Excalibur is the best xbow, nor did they say Ten Point was the one to chose.
None of these manufactures state a bigger buck , or more hunting time in the outdoors by using their xbow. When we pass the arrow through the kill zone of that buck no one is watching us do this with our Ten Point or Excalibur.....we impressed no one. The buck didn't know if it came from the Excalibur or Ten Point or any other make for that matter.

I simply chose the Excalibur xbow for my own personal hunting situation....I must maintain my own bows, my car / truck/ house myself as I'm in a remote area here. No Walmart, no Pizza Hut no nuttin for 50 miles from me.

The sellsman at Cabelas was only giving his opinion , not Company policy.
I shrug my shoulders......BOB
A.W

Post by A.W »

Kind of reminds me of a certain "Carl" that we all learned to dislike.

DavidT

Post by DavidT »

Seen it all before... Honda/Kawasaki/Suzuki/Yamaha/BMW riders' posts on a Harley board. The subject area doesn't matter. Some people have a chip on their shoulder the size of Gibralter and a burning need to have somebody knock it off for them.
In My Opinion, Excaliburs are better than Ten Points, and for less money. There is ample evidence to back up that opinion, which, to post here, would be preachin' to the choir, so I won't.
That's gotta burn to somebody that spent the extra bucks for less bow. Not my problem, or anybody elses here.
BTW, I promise not to post on the Ten Point board, or even try to find it.
Sheesh.
Thwackem!
bails111

Post by bails111 »

Don't be sorry Bob. This is the best thread going. Everybody 's entitiled to an opinion (EVERYBODY !!!) it doesn't have to be scientifically proven or even defended .It's an opinion so if people read between the lines,infere things and are offended,so be it. In my OPINION people are too dang sensitive these days.

Be sensitive to others, listen, acknowledge and there,s no reason to apologize later. I think most have done that. Nuff Said .

PS. Tye quit stack'in bolts
Play Safe
A.W

Post by A.W »

bails111 wrote: PS. Tye quit stack'in bolts
Or buy a Ten Point. :wink:

p.s. Just my opinion.
Last edited by A.W on Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

A.W

Post by A.W »

OOPS double post