Wild Hog Hunting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

htoler

Wild Hog Hunting

Post by htoler »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

does anyone know how many states and which ones offer wild hog hunting,
did a serch on yahoo was not very informative,
Broadhead

Post by Broadhead »

I know Texas and Florida do. Almost any Southern State has a huge Wild Hog Population. Some States have the more European Strain, California, Tennessee and a few others. Here in Florida it is mostly a mix. I plan on dueing my part to control the Population! Go Phoenix!
Since they are a Non Native species here, there is no size,bag limits on them. Plus, we can hunt them year round!
They are great for Hunting! Most landowners want them dead and gone.
I had some domestic sows in a pen, had two wild boars that jumped or climbed over a 4 ft fence to show them what "Wild Romance was all about"
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

some of the guys in the forum hunt hogs, and there are previous postings about it, try doing a search. i've seen them before, some of the postings have some really cool pics.
For me hunting is just like Mossy Oak, it's not a passion, it's an Obsession
terry-1

Post by terry-1 »

We have alot of wild hogs in Oklahoma. I have them on my farm and both hunting leases. they vary in color from Black,black/white,orange,tan, brown,spotted,cream to off white and more colors. Here are some of my trail cam pics:Image Image
A.W

Post by A.W »

We don't have hogs up here. Do they have any problems with worms or such like?
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
terry-1

Post by terry-1 »

I never have seen worms myself,but they can get ticks,lice just like deer do.
Fox

Post by Fox »

What would it take for a northerner like myself to come down and hunt some feral pigs in the southern states someday? What are the regulations like for non-residents?
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

I'd be interested in the answer as well. Seems like it would be lots of fun.
Big John

hogs

Post by Big John »

Fox, shakky, anyone else:

I have been looking for the same info. on a couple of sites.
I to am interested in a hog hunt. I have been trying to locate the closest state to us for this. As well the regs. and pricing to go with it. I haven't got a response from anyone on this. So I started looking into it myself.
I do not want a fenced hunt, it has to be Wild open Hunting.
If any of you find out about going back and forth over the border with wild Hog meat or prices let me know to. :)
John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

John or anyone else, I'm not a fan of fenced hunts, but Wild Boar that's a different story altogether. I've been on several Boar hunts on a fenced farm here in Sask., I can attest its a whole hell of alot of fun. Here, we don't have Wild Baors running around wild like other parts or the world. The farm I hunt on is only 130 acres, but don't think that's its a cake walk. Here's an example, last winter I went Buffalo hunting on this same farm, (my buffalo and story is on this forum), and there was 4 fellows from Regina hunting for Wild Boar. These guys are crack shots, very good hunters, dedicated hunters, and spend alot of time in the woods. The four of them hunted for 2 1/2 days with two way radios, and were only able to get one shot at 20 pigs the whole time. Now if it had been warmer, they could of likely sat in treestands and got each one eventually, but they opted to hunt these Boars and a walk and stalk basis, the outcome was being skunked. Doesn't matter how you go hunting, you can make it as challenging as you want.

The best thing I like about hunting on a fenced farm, is that the animals can be monitored better for diseases, no hunting licence required, no dress code, control on who's hunting, helping the farmer scratch out a living from the land, and most of all fantastic meat for the table to feed my family.

Grey Owl