TYE

Varizone

Post by TYE »

I bought myself a Varizone today! :D
PRB

Post by PRB »

Alright 8)
Have you tried it yet ?
I hope you get a chance to try it out to 50 yards after you get it tuned in.
Not that you would take a shot that far on a kill shot but it sure is cool to see the accuracy 8)
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
TYE

Post by TYE »

Yeah I have it bingo for 20, haven't done anything else since my girlfriend was over. I let her shoot it too, heh.

I'm not sure how to get it exactly in line so the line up and down is straight aligned. And which slots do the rings supposed to be in or does it matter?
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Tye,

Check out Bill T's video clip on mounting your scope. Basically put the scope and rings on and tighten down the ring screws just snug so you can still move the scope. Then you move it ahead or back until you get the largest field of view for you. Everyone is different. As for the cross hairs, support your bow on a table or something and make sure the limbs are level, then turn the scope until the hairs are straight up and down. If you do it inside you can sight a door frame or something to see when the vertical cross hairs is straight up and down.

Hope this helps. Hey is your girlfriend getting better groups than you. If it is anything like fishing with a woman, they always beat you :wink: :lol: . I haven't even asked my wife if she wants to shoot my Exocet, cause she used to be an archery instructor at a kids summer camp when she was younger. She'd probably put me to shame :oops: .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
TYE

Post by TYE »

The locking ring for the focus adjustment doesn't seem to want to come loose...
TYE

Post by TYE »

I still can't get the dang focus locking ring to loosen up....anyone know what to do?

Thinking about taking it back and telling the shop I bought it from. See if they can do anything or replace it.
TYE

Post by TYE »

bstout wrote:Get out the vise grips! Just kidding Tye. :lol: Have you tried letting your girl friend give it try! :lol: Still kidding. Here is a serious question. Are you turning it counter clockwise? If you are, you're tightening it.
If I'm holding the scope with the front away from me, I'm turning it to the right (clockwise)
TYE

Post by TYE »

bstout wrote:That would be clockwise and correct. Try this Tye. Hold the ring with your right hand and try rotating the eyepiece to the left (counterclockwise). In other words trying turning them both simultaneously in their proper directions.
Tried that... don't work. I think I'll call them and ask if I can change my scope for another one.
TYE

Post by TYE »

I've already tried those idea's, hehe. I'm gonna take it in on Tuesday and see what they can do with it. I don't really wanna take it to the shop I work at, cuz I didn't buy it from them.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Fixed the problem. :oops:

I got super frustrated, and I grabbed the rear of the scope and the locking ring and just twisted the living snot out of them in opposite directions, and finally it nudged loose. :oops:
TYE

Post by TYE »

I've got it sighted in perfect for around 20 yards, but I'm not sure if my target is exactly 20 yards away, so I'll probably shoot it at my shop at 20 yards. Then I'll know it's exactly on at 20.

By the way, you guys were all right. About the DO NOT shoot at the same spot. I shot a bolt today at one dot, and shot another at the same spot. WHACK! I got lucky and just chipped my nock.

I love this scope, it's so cool watching your bolt's fly through the scope.
TYE

Post by TYE »

One annoying thing, when you get glare from the sun and the reticles turn orange coloured.
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

Sounds great Tye. I've been reading about these scopes and think I should like to try one, if I could ever find one around here, and of course have the money at the same time! :(

Joe
TYE

Post by TYE »

pokynojoe wrote:Sounds great Tye. I've been reading about these scopes and think I should like to try one, if I could ever find one around here, and of course have the money at the same time! :(

Joe
Yeah I've put it off for a while, and I was in the store yesterday cuz my buddy wanted to see about a scope for a rifle, then I got looking around at the crossbow stuff as usual, and I was like HMM I'll ask a price for the Varizone setup taxes inc, and I had the money so I thought about it and said to myself THE HELL WITH IT IM NOT GONNA THINK ABOUT IT ANYMORE, and I whipped out the debit card, lol. :lol:
TYE

Post by TYE »

I'm gonna go figure out the speed ring now. I'm not sure which speed to set it for.. :?