Friendly Conservation Officer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Grizzly-Papa

Friendly Conservation Officer

Post by Grizzly-Papa »

I was at the hunt camp yesterday enjoying the mild spring day and evicting the winter mice when just after lunch a CO and his deputy pull in to the driveway.

First reaction was "Now What???" :?

The CO proceeded to chat up my buddy, son and I like we were best of buddies and got especially interested when I told him we were archery hunters. He admitted to also being one.

He gave me his business card and jotted down his cellphone number at the back of it and said that if there was anything he could do for us then to please give him a call. He also said that he lives in the area of our camp and he would keep an eye out for us.

I am totaly impressed with the dedication! :shock:

Grizzly-Papa
Life is too short to spend it indoors!
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Yep, you meet some nice people at the strangest turns in the road. He probably realizes that there are still a few other good people in the world. At least you have a direct line now to report poachers :twisted: .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
TYE

Post by TYE »

Some of them can be 'you know whats' and some of them are great guys.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Like any enforecement official Tye, some are on a power trip. More likely they have to deal with a lot of idiots on a daily basis and have lost their sense of HA HA!
TYE

Post by TYE »

ecoaster wrote:Like any enforecement official Tye, some are on a power trip. More likely they have to deal with a lot of idiots on a daily basis and have lost their sense of HA HA!
:lol:
TYE

Post by TYE »

I never worry anyways, I'm always carrying all my cards and licenses and tags etc. Tell them what they ask, and show them what they want to see, and they won't bother you. We have one guy who sometimes comes in who is a real prick, but there's another guy who's pretty nice. Stood around and chatted it up with us one day while we were having our lunch.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

That's right. I've met a few who were very stern and to the point, but once they saw everything was in order, they were quite friendly. Even had one guy tell me the last week of the season, to "Not Give Up". He said more deer than you would think are taken in the last week. He was right, I got my deer with three days to go. :D
Grizzly-Papa

Post by Grizzly-Papa »

I was so impressed with is attitude that I sent him a thank you e-mail this morning.

Wish I had his surpervisor's e-mail as well! :D

Grizzly-Papa
Life is too short to spend it indoors!
decee

Post by decee »

A word of advice.
Take their cards but do not trust them
Last edited by decee on Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bails111

Post by bails111 »

:?:
Play Safe
beaglelvr

Post by beaglelvr »

show them a treaty card and they will let you do whatever you want
bails111

Post by bails111 »

:?:
Play Safe
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Grizzly- Papa

There are some good Co's out there just as there's good cops out-there.

I hear ya bails111

I wish some people would just keep their negative/sarcastic comments to themselves.

It's negative/smart arsed people like you who screw up good threads!.

First of all, if you're doing everything legal what do you have to hide?

And second of all, why don't you keep your anti native comments to yourself, beaglelvr. Try contributing posts that may be useful to other forum members why don't you. Let's see if you're capable of doing that!...
beaglelvr wrote:I believe that natives are exempt from that law also.
beaglelvr wrote:what will they do if a indian shoots one,nothing?
beaglelvr wrote:show them a treaty card and they will let you do whatever you want
Ontario Trophy Bucks
wilsonj73

Post by wilsonj73 »

Grizzly- Papa

There are some good Co's out there just as there's good cops out-there.

I hear ya bails111

I wish some people would just keep their negative/sarcastic comments to themselves.

It's negative/smart arsed people like you who screw up good threads!.

First of all, if you're doing everything legal what do you have to hide?

And second of all, why don't you keep your anti native comments to yourself, beaglelvr. Try contributing posts that may be useful to other forum members why don't you. Let's see if you're capable of doing that!...
Couldn't agree with you more Lonewolf!!

We were out fishing yesterday and noticed a CO glassing us half a kilometer away... watched have a shore lunch and then stopped us about an hour later on our way down the river... very friendly guys, just doin their jobs.
Give a kid a fish and they'll eat for a day, teach a kid to fish and they'll eat for a lifetime!
bails111

Post by bails111 »

I didn't want to get anything started ,I thought ? said it all .LoneWolf you said it better than I could have.
Unless you know every peace officer out there personally and every aboriginal keep your dumba.. comments to yourselves. Everyone's got
a right to an opinion I guess, even if they are ignorant,biggotted,uninformed and unfounded. I just hate seen'm on this forum. See LoneWolf now you got me started :wink:
Play Safe