Friendly Conservation Officer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

I didn't want to get anything started ,I thought ? said it all .LoneWolf you said it better than I could have.
Sometimes you have to spell it out for them, other than that they don't get their stories straight!...

beaglelvr, and whoever else has issues with this subject.

Please, let me educate you on a few things...

1. All the natives I've ever hunted with wear hunter orange, even when hunting on the reservations.

2. Natives have to pass hunting/firearms courses before they can go hunting, and that includes hunting on reservations as well.

3. They to have to register their firearms.

4. The natives I know do not hunt during the summer months, so no, they do not kill pregnant moose and deer. Furthermore, the nativres I've hunted with do not start hunting until Sept 1st.

5. I'm Metis, and I can assure you I don't hunt without the proper tags. I buy all my hunting tags, no free ride for me...

Grizzly-Papa,

Sorry about high-jacking your thread, buddy... I just had to set a few things straight.
Last edited by LoneWolf on Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
Boo

Post by Boo »

LoneWolf wrote:Grizzly- Papa

There are some good Co's out there just as there's good cops out-there.

I hear ya bails111

I wish some people would just keep their negative/sarcastic comments to themselves.

It's negative/smart arsed people like you who screw up good threads!.

First of all, if you're doing everything legal what do you have to hide?

And second of all, why don't you keep your anti native comments to yourself, beaglelvr. Try contributing posts that may be useful to other forum members why don't you. Let's see if you're capable of doing that!...
beaglelvr wrote:I believe that natives are exempt from that law also.
beaglelvr wrote:what will they do if a indian shoots one,nothing?
beaglelvr wrote:show them a treaty card and they will let you do whatever you want
Good for you LoneWolf for being the first one to say something.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Grizzly-Papa

Post by Grizzly-Papa »

Continuing with a positive thread, the CO replied to my e-mail, thanking me for my note and wishing me the very best during the turkey hunt.

Nothing negative here! :D

Grizzly-Papa
Life is too short to spend it indoors!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Grizzly-Papa wrote:Continuing with a positive thread, the CO replied to my e-mail, thanking me for my note and wishing me the very best during the turkey hunt.

Nothing negative here! :D

Grizzly-Papa
That is awsome Grizzly-Papa! Its one of the best CO stories I've ever heard. Thank you for sharing it.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
beaglelvr

Post by beaglelvr »

I guess you guys are right,i will keep my opinions off this forum regarding these issues,i have just had to many negative experiences up where i moose hunt north of wawa,and it is frustrating to be discriminated against.
bails111

Post by bails111 »

You said it beaglelvr.{ it is frustrating to be discriminated against.}Now
imagine how the aboriginals who are hunting by the book feel when they get thrown in the same pot as poachers and jacklighters just because they are what they are and maybe carry a treaty card. I'm sure most guys don't mind an opinion just not a generalization.

Anyway,about the CO,s I've got nuthin but good to say about them. Back when we just had paper fish'in licenses ,I forgot mine in one of my too many tackle boxes (used to keep them ,new and expired in a sleeve on top instead of in my wallet so I wouldn't misplace them ....Duhhh) .Anyways I'm out on the lake with 3 salmon in the cooler and who comes along side? Well he checks the boat and everythings good.Then he asks for my license. I grab the one I think is recent out of the sleeve and it's expired. I grab two more out of the sleeve and they 're expired too.Well he says I have to write you up and I could take your gear and your boat but if you can produce your license in 24hrs I'll
cancel the ticket. Moral of story is if all CO's where jerks the MNR would have had nice new 12,000 boat and 2000 bucks worth of gear to auction off.
Play Safe
beaglelvr

Post by beaglelvr »

TRUE,I KNOW THE C.O WHERE I HUNT SEEMS O.K HE DOESNT SEEM TO PULL THE HEAVY ON ME AND WHEN I BITCH AND MOAN TO HIM ABOUT THE SAME ISSUES AS I HAVE ON THIS FORUM ALL HE CAN SAY IS NO COMMENT!AND I KNOW, WHERE HE STANDS,ON THESE ISSUES BUT HIS HANDS ARE TIED.MY OPINIONS ARE NOT CHANGING,I AM JUST NOT GOING TO BRING THEM UP OR DEBATE THEM HERE ANYMORE.
Buck Fever

Post by Buck Fever »

Hey Grizzly - Was the CO's name Rob?
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Was the CO's name Rob?
:D I know him!... He's in the same archery club I belong to!... :D

He's also a very down to earth guy, you can't ask for a better/nicer guy.

Rob, if you're reading this, keep up the good work!... :wink:
Ontario Trophy Bucks
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

I had that problem a couple years back while fishing down south. Was checked out by the man and had the last 5 years in my wallet but not the current one. Well he said you know Mr. Windom with 5 years of Lic. in your wallet I am sure you are telling the truth, wrote me a slip with permission to fish while on the trip but had to send him my Original as soon as I got back home. Was returned in about 5 days. They are some good ones out there fer sure. :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

I have never had a problem with a CO. Some have even told me where the fish are. I just find that they are spread too thin. At least in my neck of the woods. I fish Lake Simcoe a lot and I can tell you for a fact a lot of bass are taken out of season on that lake. Simcoe is fished heavy during the spawning season for bass and many people who may or may not be familiar with the regs keep whatever they catch. I have called the MNR many times but they are more then likely to show up to late. Sometimes the only option is to confront the people yourself.
Grizzly-Papa

Post by Grizzly-Papa »

Buck Fever Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:38 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Grizzly - Was the CO's name Rob?

:) His name is Mike and he works out of the Kemptville district office.

Grizzly-Papa
Life is too short to spend it indoors!