G5 Montecs!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tommy-SKIL-Figure

G5 Montecs!

Post by Tommy-SKIL-Figure »

My G5 Montecs came in the mail today. What felt like an iternity of waiting wa only a six day shipment but I have been waiting.

These are the second lot of broadheads I have purchased. The first being two blade 125 grain Outback Hunter broadheads that are manufactured here in OZ. They were not exactly what I wanted but they were cheap and just right to get me started.

After a whole lot of research I decided to go for the 100 grain G5 Montec broadeahds. I decided to ignore some peoples opinions that they are not out or the box sharp when deciding what to get.

I have now seen the broadheads myself and realised that of course they are not out of the box sharp. They come out of a packet and they are razor sharp...they cut the hairs of my wrist dry!

At this point, having not fired a Montec yet, they seem like everything I want in a broadhead..They kind of match the simplicity of the Exocet in a way- Simplicity=Effectivness

Cant wait to go out in the bush and try them on some game!!
GG375

Post by GG375 »

Tommy

Did you import them from the states? If so did you have any dramas with customs etc?

Cheers mate.

GG
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I am very interested in how well they will fly out of an Exocet. Penetration would not be a problem that is for sure. Let us know how you make out with them.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Farmer I can tell ya, the fly out of my Exocet here in OHIO OK :!: They should fly good for Tommy-SKIL-Figure , however I did find them on the dull side out of the package. Could have just been the set I purchased.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
JR

Post by JR »

I've had the 100 gr. Montec's for 4 years now. Awesome broadhead, great penetration, razor sharp out of the package and fly better than mechanicals out of my Paradox.

-Jason
Stock Exomax and now a Micro 335. :)
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/thebuckhunter/smiley_561gun.gif[/img]
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

T-S-F,

You're gonna like the way them broadheads fly, I know I do.

I know they fly with field point accuracy from both my Paradox and also from my Exocet 200 when screwed on the end of a Beman Thunderbolt fletched with 4" vanes at a 7 degree off-set.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
terry-1

montecs

Post by terry-1 »

I have been shooting the 100gr montecs for about a 1.5 years now. I have mainly shot them and Sonic 85gr broadheads during that time frame. Both have been perfect in flight,performance on game I shot. My Exocet shoots them very well they hit maybe one inch higher than my field points at 25 yards. The one peice design is a work of art I can stare at it all day.
wabi

Post by wabi »

When I tested Montecs in my Exocet they were right in the field point group (at 20 yards) and actually shot a better group than field points. I've tried them with 4 and 8 degree helical and they shoot very well with either fletching. Beyond 20 yards they might group a little higher than field points, but not enough to be concerned about.
wabi
Tommy-SKIL-Figure

Post by Tommy-SKIL-Figure »

All this talk about how great they are is really frustrating me because I don't think ill be able to go out and use them for a few weeks!!

GG375, I got them from a store in the states through Ebay called In Sight Sporting Goods. I had no trouble at all with customs. The package of three arrived in my mail box in a yellow onvalope (you know those big ones) within six days from the seller recieving payment!

Really happy with the shipment and service however the exchange rate and shipping costs all added up and I didnt get a kind deal in the end. However at the end of the day - there what I wanted and by the sounds of things they will preform great as well!!!!!

Im just itching to use them!!
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

your gonna love them ..Like said before....they are a piece of work for sure....simple easy to sharpen so what if they are dull outa the fricken package I check for sharp and usally top em off anyway...... everytime I build a killin arrow..just my 2 cents...
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
navaman

Post by navaman »

i know a slick trick flies just like a field point but does the montec do the same. i have a set of 100 grain montecs but i went to slick trick's web site and i was convinced that they're for me. any feedback on this ?