Bird hunting deer land.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tigerpaw

Bird hunting deer land.

Post by Tigerpaw »

What do you all feel is the effect of hunting other game through the year on your deer land? ie. upland game, ducks ect.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Not sure if you are asking about the land or the deer.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

It is possible that when you are in your stand bird hunters could push deer past you. LAST YEAR a atv driver pushed 2 does past me only one made it.THE more human presence in the bush could pressure bucks out of the area or make them nocturnal.
terry-1

bird hunting

Post by terry-1 »

There is a large ranch near my farm that allows no deer hunting never. Last fall the owner a huge bird hunter travels around the country on paid bird hunts hosted a bird hunt for about 20 family members and close friends during deer season. Several of the lands next to them were coved up in pushed out deer and several guys killed huge bucks it was the best thing that ever happended to the guys that hunt the edges of that ranch on smaller tracts of land. Knowing that I doubt he host the hunt this year at the same time as deer rifle season.
OneShot

Post by OneShot »

We have a 600 acre farm with ponds on them for waterfowl hunting.

The deer there don't seem to be bothered by the frequent guns fire; but usually stay out of range unless one or two are moving away from other hunters or predators.

You always see them and take stock regularly to wish which one would come closer during the bow season !

This year while shed hunting I saw 9 in total; two being bucks and big bodied brutes that were elusive last year!
Leave the concrete jungle behind and just go hunting !