lets see some pics from last years hunting season

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

lets see some pics from last years hunting season

Post by crazyfarmer »

deer or anything you have.. since we all have a few months to go untill this years :D

ill start.. i guess you can post pics of harvests on here :D
This deer I hunter all of bow season(well him and his slightly bigger twin which i found the sheds from! But he had a 6inch drop pt!) Anyway, I tired about every day of bow season with no luck. Some close calls but always out of range. Finally muzzloader season came in and the 2nd day of that I had him in the scope at roughly 65yards. Seems he made a screw up and decided to chase a doe across a cutover plot. I fired and later found out that I had hit a limb I forget to trim which through the shot off but managed to hit him right in the neck dropping him in his tracks. Luck? Yep;) HAHAHAH.. But he was a base 8, 23.5inches wide.. nothing big in states other than Va but a good trophy for our here. The only defect on his rack was his back G2 which was 9inches on one side but 12 on the other. G3's were 11inches!

nothing special but this was one I took the opening day of shotgun season with a slug gun. Wish I had my bow on hand because he was straight down at 10yards from my stand. 8pts, 19inches, but a tall perfect rack!

btw, dont mind the fugly mug shot in the pics lol..[/img]
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

damn, what did he dress out anyway? The neck on that one is HUGE! Im sure he was fun to drag out of the woods. Mine of coarse had be on the other side the the biggest bottom around to get back to the truck.

i'd be happy with him no doubt..!!

im waiting for one of those massive monstors you seem to only see on TV shows :P
Rich

Post by Rich »

Crazyfarmer,

Are those Tappahanock deer, the spread is nice on the big buck. Are you in a hunt club or hunting the farm you work. E-mail me if you want to get together to shoot some arrows, your only about an hour away.

Rich
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

rich, im across the river in warsaw(5mins away).. but yeah they are all deer on land I farm. Nothing huge, but the first 1 is the all around biggest I have. Im supposed to get the head back this weekend from mounting.

im ordering some arrows shortly so ill hit ya up if you wanna get together one weekend and BS/shoot some