perferred crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ramrod

perferred crossbow

Post by ramrod »

Hello Everyone.Found this forum, while looking for information on crossbows.I'm looking at buying one,just not decided which one.What is the bow of choice? among forum members.{pros and cons} I like the top three,just can't decide which one. Thanks Rick
GLC

Post by GLC »

New here to crossbows also, bought my first bow of any kind in February.

My buddy has a 10-point, no problems with it and I like it too, but I decided on the Excalibur due to reputation and its simplicity and user friendliness.

I bought an Exocet 200 but if I were to do it again, I'd buy a Phoenix (175 lb pull) since I only plan on hunting deer with it and it would draw a little easier.

Still, my Exocet is a keeper. Accuracy is amazing.
wabi

Post by wabi »

On this forum I think you'll find we tend to like Excalibur. :wink:
I hunt with a Phoenix, but any of the Excaliburs will work fine for game up to and including deer sized critters.
For target shooting the lighter weights are more enjoyable because they are easier to cock, for hunting the trend is for the heavier weights. The Phoenix is a pretty good compromise of ease of use & velocity. All the Excaliburs are very accurate.
wabi
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

excalibur, ten point, and parker were all my choices.. you will find tons of horton bows for sale though. Nothing wrong with them, I just didnt want the same thing everyone local had here.

10pts are normally in the 800-1500range. They have some budget ones now that are 400-500 I think also. Great xbows no doubt!

Excal was my choice because of its speed, simpleness of use(less moving crap), and its service. If anything happens, email or call excal and they will fix it quickly! The exocet, phoenix, and exomax are awesome!

hope this helps some.. oh and also I just got my exocet 200 2 weeks ago off ebay. Look there since they are normally 100-300bucks cheaper then most places. Goodluck and if you get a excal you will be very happy!
Rich

Post by Rich »

I shot a Parker Terminator last season until the limb splintered the first week of bow season. Other than that, it seemed like a quality bow, shot great. However, after talking to Parker, they admitted to having a limb problem (claimed to have fixed it though) and I just didn't feel confident buying another one. I messed around with a Horton a buddy had, the thing was heavy, akward and didn't shoot as well as the Parker. I then decided on the Exocet due to all the advice I read on this forum, the simplicity, accuracy and speed sold me. As far as accurate, they are unbelievable, I just got it tweaked to peak performance, it shots 3 shot bullet holes at 20/30 yards and 3/4 inch groups at 40 yards from a bench. Go with an EXCAL and top it with a Vari-Zone Scope, you won't be disappointed.
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

Go with Excalibur right off the bat , if u get someting else you will be disapointed , i have shot many crossbows and Excalibur is the best , shoot a few different Xbows and compare , u will see why Excalibur is our first choice.