Got to shoot a few times with the new aluminum arrows.....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

Got to shoot a few times with the new aluminum arrows.....

Post by wabi »

....I made up from 2215 Easton shafts I had. I cut them to 18" for the Phoenix, crest dipped them with fletch-lac paint, then fletched with 2" Blazer vanes at 4 degree offset. Finished weight without points is 280 grains. I tried a few shots at 25 yards this evening using 100 grain steel blunts and got a group of 1-1/4". With the red-dot sight that is about as good as I can hope for! Actually a little better grouping than I've been getting with carbons, but I can't really say they're more accurate until I get a chance to do more shooting. It's encouraging to get that good of performance the first trip out, though.
I sure like the looks & performance of the Blazer vanes, too. Hard to believe those little 2" vanes are so good, but so far they've been right there with my 4" parabolic vanes & feathers for accuracy & grouping! Now I'm just chomping at the bit to see how well they clean up when stained with deer blood. :twisted:
Looks like the deer crop is doing good this year, too. Been seeing a good many deer, and am adding a few small food plots to the land I hunt this summer. Took my 6 year old son camping last night on the farm I hunt, and this morning he pointed out a "mommy deer" that was at the edge of the woods (50 yards from our campsite) while I was cooking breakfast.
wabi
rwk

Post by rwk »

Can we talk Rich K.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Just PM or email.
wabi