Help on cordless for accudraw

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

Help on cordless for accudraw

Post by raydaughety »

I've looked online for the 3.6 volt B&D cordless Model #VP750 and did find it. I also found a black and decker pivot plus cordless drill / screwdriver Model# PD700G and is 6 volts. Can someone please tell me which one would be best. They both cost the same amount. When I talked to Dan Miller, he said that I would need an adapter to go on the cordless to operate the accudraw, anyone know what type of adapter, He's talking about ? Again, thanks for the help.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
wabi

Post by wabi »

Ray,
I don't know the model # offhand, but B&D also makes a cordless screwdriver that uses 4-AA batteries. Our local Wal-Mart has them for less than $10.
All the cordless screwdrivers I've seen have a 1/4" hex shank socket. Not sure what the accu-draw requires?
wabi
Digger

Post by Digger »

Ray, here are the two cordless drivers that I used with my Excals, the bottom one has the adapter built in and is powered by a B&D versapak battery 3.4 Volts.
the other is a six V wall plug unit. Both are Black & Decker, both pivot, but the 6 Vis better if you are using a Pheonix or higher draw. I used the 3.4 with the Vixen and it just worked . this 6V unit came with the adapter when I bought it

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Digger

Post by Digger »

Ray , the adapter is just a 3/8th hex that the head takes different driver heads.
Digger
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
axis

TORQUE

Post by axis »

Raydaughety, I'd go with the one that has the most torque or the most volts. That would be the ONE. :wink:

Axis
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Digger, do you think the 6 volt would be better ? I can get it at Lowe's for $30.00. The specs say the torque is 40/80 in-lb. That should be plenty, wouldn't you think? After all, it is being installed on an exomag.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Digger

Post by Digger »

The 6 V cordless is better, tho it is bigger, I bought a holster for it. A full charge let me draw the Paradox about 10 times and the Vixen about 15 before it had to be charged. I was lucky to get 2 with the 3.4 V driver.
Digger
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Is weight and bulk a significant factor? You can buy Chinese made 3/8" cordless drill (with a supply of extra batteries) very, very, cheap.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Digger

Post by Digger »

Is weight and bulk a significant factor? You can buy Chinese made 3/8" cordless drill (with a supply of extra batteries) very, very, cheap.
The smaller cheap cordless drivers is hardly capable of multible draws on a Vixen, let alone an Emax. On my Paradox and 175 lb Exocet the 6V driver was the only one that would draw and click into the mechanism more than once in a row. the 6 V driver is 3/8 ths.
The 6 V driver is twice the weight due to the internal battery and having a holster or back pack would be desirable.
I also suggest keeping the crank with you in case the battery peters out of power.
Digger
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Where did you get the holster digger ? I have a hitachi 12 volt with a clutch and 4 rechargable batteries. I can use this when I'm practicing in the back yard or on the range. Then I can use the B & D Pivot plus when I'm hunting. Sound like a plan ?
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Digger

Post by Digger »

Ray, I picked the holster up at Home Hardware, but you should be able to get one at Wallyworld or any big store with a hardware dept. Find one with a 2 1/2 - 3inch opening and six inches long with a belt loop.
The Hitachi sounds OK for target practice, just be careful when you get to the top, go slower when it clicks in. I used the crank for practice, it only takes 5-10 lbs pressure to turn.
Digger
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
UrchinTrazz

Post by UrchinTrazz »

Cool topic, very intresting! :) :)
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

ttt
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Digger wrote:
The smaller cheap cordless drivers .....................

Actually I was referring to cordless drills. If weight and bulk is not too big a factor, they have a way more torque than a cordless screw driver. The Chinese drills are very cheap and come with extra batteries. They wouldn't be practical in a tree stand, but at a shoot where there was minimal travelling involved, they would be much faster and have longer life than a cordless screw driver.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.