Only three more months!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ecoaster

Only three more months!!!

Post by ecoaster »

Wow! It's hard to beleive that deer season is only around the corner again. How time flies. I'm all out of steaks, but I've got lots of roasts and stew meat left. Gotta clean it up before September. I find that if we go at least a month around here without some venison, my wife is practically pushing me out the door to go hunting :D . She wasen't thrilled with the thought of me hunting at first, but now she can't get enough of wild game. Deer. ducks, turkeys, fish, you name it, she'll eat it and I love to be the one to go get it.

I'm going to have to go do some target shooting or something to tide me over.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

:) Yeah, same here... My steaks are always the first to go... lol...

I've got a few packages of chops left, 3 roasts, a couple of packages of stew meat. And hamburger, well I've got hamburger coming out my ears!
Time to get making some spagetti sauce and some meat loaf. Man, I've got at least 100 lbs of hamburger in my freezer. I've called the food bank to donate some of my hamburger and they wouldn't accept it. They told me it would have to be inspected first.??? Go figure???

I'd rather eat wild meat anyday compared to todays steroid grown beef.
I don't normally eat beef and I had a beef steak this evening for supper and I wasn't impressed one bit.
It sure didn't have the taste of a nice juicy venison steak.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
wabi

Post by wabi »

I'm ready for season, only got a pack or two of burger left! :lol: :lol:
wabi
sidekick

Post by sidekick »

Hey guys and gals,

Been gone for awhile, but it's good to be back. My freezer is pretty much down to burger also. I am however getting to go to Calif. to hunt this year. In Oregon we can't use xbows, so I'm going to Calif. this year, and that season starts in the middle of Aug. ...I'm stoked. :D

I did however draw a mule deer tag for eastern Oregon and an any bull tag for elk season...hope my luck holds true thru the season. :D
[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/KOhunter/EXCAL25.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/KOhunter/exocet20050.jpg[/img]
The two keys to a succesfull life-
"PASSION" and "COMPASSION" !!!
terry-1

hunting

Post by terry-1 »

Season is sneaking up fast! This year I am 90% already to go as I have stands already up and about a half dozen 55gal tripod feeders running right now with trail cams on them. I have been doing some wild hog hunting at the feeders time to time the summer heat has not been that bad so far this year aleast eary and late in the day when I hunt. I went last evening and was watching some wild turkey at the feeder and looked behind me and had a huge wild boar stareing at me at less than 20 yards. He was too fast and got away before I could shoot by maybe 1 second as I was starting to pull the trigger. So far I have bagged 4 nice pigs to eat and they were tastey. I had two small 75lb hogs I cooked whole on the smoker all night with some BQ rub and had friends over to eat. It was great both times there was no leftovers at the end of the day.
buckbuster

Post by buckbuster »

Heck yeh im ready!!! Just need a broadhead target! :twisted:
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

I'm almost ready, got my tag last night, over the phone. Just need to hang my stand.
For me hunting is just like Mossy Oak, it's not a passion, it's an Obsession