Carbon Epress CX Crossbolts?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BigBear

Carbon Epress CX Crossbolts?

Post by BigBear »

Hi...I'm thinking of getting a few of these bolts to try out....any feedback would be great...from what i've heard they're a pretty tough bolt..thanks..BB
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
diesel

Post by diesel »

I have limited use with these bolts. I bought and use two of them when I firt got my Exocet. I shot those two bolt about a month. Then I bought six of the Gold Tip Laser II. What a difference. The Gold Tips seemed to fly faster and straighter.
For what it's worth. That's my two cents.
BigBear

Post by BigBear »

diesel wrote:I have limited use with these bolts. I bought and use two of them when I firt got my Exocet. I shot those two bolt about a month. Then I bought six of the Gold Tip Laser II. What a difference. The Gold Tips seemed to fly faster and straighter.
For what it's worth. That's my two cents.
Yes the gold tips are about 360grs. and the cx bolts weigh in at 430grs.
both with 100gr. heads...the difference would be about 12-15fps...I too shoot the gold tips myself :) .....My friend just wanted some info on the CX bolts for his horton hunter...He got a pack of them yesterday to try out...thanks..BB
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
Sierra44

Post by Sierra44 »

I use the CX bolts with my older Horton SuperMag. IMO the accuracy with these bolts have been very good. Using a rope _cocking aid the SuperMag at 35 yards will group four CX arrows touching. The weight is a concern but the CX carbon shoot the same as Horton aluminum 2219.