pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

Wrong, They'll be out for sale on August 8th
check out:

http://publicdocs.mnr.gov.on.ca/View.as ... t_ID=22826
BUCKSHOT

Sept 6

Post by BUCKSHOT »

The extra tags go for sale at three different times.
August 8-20 for one additional tag, August 21-31 for multiple additional tags where available and then, on Sept 6 any left over additional tags will be sold in MNR offices in the WMU where the tags are available!

Speaking of did I read it correctly, I was always under the impression that you needed to put in for a Doe tag in order to purchase additional tags!
I am now reading that you can buy an additional Deer tag as long as you have a valid Deer hunting licence, I assume that means Buck tag or Doe!
Is that correct?
Enjoy the Harvest!
bow hunter

Post by bow hunter »

You don't have to have applied for a doe tag. I don't think that you even have to have purchased a deer licence in order to purchase an additional tag, but in order for your additional tag to be condsidered valid you have to have purchased a deer licence. The additional tag on its own is not considered a deer licence. So when the CO checks you in the field, he will look on the back of your outdoor card for the sticker.
bow hunter

Post by bow hunter »

I have a question. In the first round of purchases, from Aug. 8-21, your only allowed to purchase one additional tag. I assume the means one tage for any WMU and not one tage for each WMU. So you cannot purchase 3 tags, each for different WMU's. Is that correct?
BUCKSHOT

Yep!

Post by BUCKSHOT »

Hey Bowhunter the regulation states
Quote "During the first telephone sale period, from August 8-20, hunters may purchase one additional deer seal." End quote!
Pretty clear, you are correct!
Enjoy the Harvest!
Tom

Post by Tom »

My understanding, if it is done the same as last years tags, is that they will issue you a tag depending on what they feel is best for that area. Some tags will be for Does only while other tags will be Bucks only or for both. You might have the opertunity for a choice when purchasing, but I know last year some tags were for Doe Only.

Becareful on what or how you purchase your tags to make sure you get what youwant.

Good Luck.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]