Muzzy MX-4

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Rich

Muzzy MX-4

Post by Rich »

Has anyone tried the new Muzzy MX-4. They claim to be more accurate out of higher speed bows due to the short profile.

Rich
TScottW

Post by TScottW »

Nope. I have two new packages (from last year with my compound) of last's year 4 blade. It shot well out of my Parker and I got two complete pass throughs at about 20 yards.

I'm going to try them on my new Excal this week along with the WASP broadheads.
"A free people ought to be armed."
-George Washington
Rich

Post by Rich »

TScott,

I also had a Parker last year, killed 2 deer the first 2 days of bow season and it splintered a limb the 3rd day. I upgraded to an Excal and couldn't be more pleased. Parker did try to make things right, I just wasn't willing to gamble once they admitted they were having a limb problem.

Rich
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

im gonna pick up a package and try them next month before season comes in. I want to see how these slicktricks do. I know the muzzy's are brutal on deer and busting through bone.
Sierra

Post by Sierra »

I am apprehensive of using a mechanical head for deer hunting, has anyone used the fixed Muzzy Phantom broadhead? I have both the 100 and 125 grain on hand. I also have a few G5 Montec in 85 grain.

The Phantom and Montec have proven very accuracte in target shooting.
2006 Exocet 200
3x ProView Scope
85 grain NAP Thunderhead
Wolverine Hunter 20" CrossBolts
Original Stock String
Bolt Speed 320 fps
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Sierra

I picked some Muzzy Phantom broadhead up last fall, and not sure if it was me or the broadheads, but they flew over my target when I used them, and this happened when I palced the target at 30 and 40 yrs. I am using the exomax and had it sighted in using the wasp broadheads before trying these.

So if you are going to try them make sure you have a good backstop.

Good luck

Dusty
GA.crossbowhunt

muzzy

Post by GA.crossbowhunt »

i like muzzys 125 gr on my exomag. my queston how would you tune the bolt with 4 blade broadhead?
Sierra

Post by Sierra »

For targeting I have removed the bleeder blade, so the Phantom is just two blade. I tune by aligning one blade with the _cock feather.

If the blade is not aligned, I also get sailing of the bolt over the top of the target when shooting @ 40 yards.
2006 Exocet 200
3x ProView Scope
85 grain NAP Thunderhead
Wolverine Hunter 20" CrossBolts
Original Stock String
Bolt Speed 320 fps